please read and reply, i need advice on how to modify my mower

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / please read and reply, i need advice on how to modify my mower
Best thing to do is look at your Transmission.
Some Hydros are serviceable some are not. My dad's Kubota g1800 is serviceable.

logert gogert

Threads
i already did, but what could be wrong

AVB

Threads
Transmission
The hydrostatic transmission is sealed at the factory
and is maintenance free. The fluid level cannot be
checked nor can the oil be changed.

above is quoted in the service manual
According to the model provide it has a Hydro Gear 310-0510 transaxle and fuild can be added via the fill.drain port (metal plug) on the transaxle over the ring gear. It just that are considered sealed from the point of the user as depending the apllication it there may no way to get to the port other than removing the transaxle. Oil is 20W50 total volume is 76.3 oz. per the IPL for the 618-0319.(superseded to 918-0319)

How do you think we add or replace the oil when we replace an axle seal or other component inside the transaxle?

logert gogert

Threads
is that a retorical question?

AVB

Threads
Additional Info

From the Hydro Gear service manual for the 310-0510.

Fill the 310-0510 to the top of the oil fill port. Recheck the fluid level once the unit has been operated for approximately 1 minute.

AVB

Threads
There is also a good reason they don't want anyone without the proper knowledge inside the transaxle as they need to repaired in a super clean environment.

logert gogert

Threads
And if i do do this, ive seen people saying they purge the system
after wards.
how do i do that?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If your have a Hydro Gear model 310-0510 as stated in post #73 here is the service manual. It will answer all your questions. If you take the time to read it, which your pass posts suggests say you won’t, there isn’t much more we can help you with. I know that you say you are only 13 years old, but you need to help yourself by building up your knowledge base before tackling the problems you feel you have. https://www.sauerbibus.de/fileadmin...tatic_Transaxle_Service_and_Repair_Manual.pdf

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
According to the model provide it has a Hydro Gear 310-0510 transaxle and fuild can be added via the fill.drain port (metal plug) on the transaxle over the ring gear. It just that are considered sealed from the point of the user as depending the apllication it there may no way to get to the port other than removing the transaxle. Oil is 20W50 total volume is 76.3 oz. per the IPL for the 618-0319.(superseded to 918-0319)

How do you think we add or replace the oil when we replace an axle seal or other component inside the transaxle?
Thank you for the correction AVB!

logert gogert

Threads
thank you so much rivets i have just read it, and it awnsered nearly every one of my questions, and thank you for taking the time to find the link that takes me to the instruction sheet. and i am very sorry for asking you guys a question, that can easily be solved by reading an inrtuction sheet.