Please Help! Ferris IS3000Z Won't start - Replaced Ignition, Seat Switch Brake Switch, Time Delay Module, Fuses

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Please Help! Ferris IS3000Z Won't start - Replaced Ignition, Seat Switch Brake Switch, Time Delay Module, Fuses
Short term, you will not cause a rip in the time : space continium using the the mower like that .
Long term it is potentially dangerous as it has a fault in the wiring .
This fault may not get any worse or it could be short & cause a fire .
OTOH your mowing season is not far off ending so make it a job for the off season .
Do yourself a MASSIVE favour and get the wiring diagram from the Ferris web page.
They have gone to the effort of publishing it in full colour which makes it really easy to trouble shoot .

From what you have done to date I would suspect the relay at the bottom of the page, or one of the switches that controls it .
Now this is a bit sneaky and confuses people because it is switching the ground contact to the bottom relay which then switches the ground to the top relay which then connects the yellow to the starter solenoid
So you have a switch to turn on a switch to turn on a switch , simple eh ?
When your head is clear and the grass is cut come back and we will walk you through a proper diagnosis & repair which in the long run is the safest for the mower, you & your family

Ru4him

Threads
  • / Please Help! Ferris IS3000Z Won't start - Replaced Ignition, Seat Switch Brake Switch, Time Delay Module, Fuses
Short term, you will not cause a rip in the time : space continium using the the mower like that .
Long term it is potentially dangerous as it has a fault in the wiring .
This fault may not get any worse or it could be short & cause a fire .
OTOH your mowing season is not far off ending so make it a job for the off season .
Do yourself a MASSIVE favour and get the wiring diagram from the Ferris web page.
They have gone to the effort of publishing it in full colour which makes it really easy to trouble shoot .

From what you have done to date I would suspect the relay at the bottom of the page, or one of the switches that controls it .
Now this is a bit sneaky and confuses people because it is switching the ground contact to the bottom relay which then switches the ground to the top relay which then connects the yellow to the starter solenoid
So you have a switch to turn on a switch to turn on a switch , simple eh ?
When your head is clear and the grass is cut come back and we will walk you through a proper diagnosis & repair which in the long run is the safest for the mower, you & your family
It started, mowed a few minutes, now will start, but now when I activate any of the safety switches (arms, brake, PTO), it cuts off. Any way to bypass the safety switches until I can get caught up?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
For now I have sent you a PM with a work around .
Because of all of he idiot morons on the planet, I never post this type of information on a public forum.
This is both to help me as well as to protect others because the instant some one shows people who do not have the understanding how to bypass the safety system, some fool hurts themselves and then the factory makes the system even more complicated which makes my life trying to fix them even more difficult .

When you have the time, come back and some one here will walk you through the testing proceedure
It is not difficult to do , just tedious and needs to be done methodically with care not rushed through because the lions have just eaten the dog & you can't find where you left the car .