Plastic transmission

tcnrepairs

Threads
Both idlers look good and the belt measures 100 and 1/4 ". The mower doesn't seem to slip in forward gears, only in reverse.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The second belt Star is talking about is Hydro belt #21549025. You may have replaced the engine to hydro belt, but you never said you replaced the other belt. If this unit came to me this is what I would do. You may need an assistant to do this. 1. Remove the battery and battery case. You should now be able to see the top of the hydro. 2. Remove the seat safety switch from the seat and clamp it with a small C-clamp to close the switch. 3. Jack up the rear end and support it on two jack stands. 4. Use jumper cables to connect the battery to the battery cables. 5. Set the parking brake. 6. Start the engine and release the parking brake. You should now be able to observe the hydro operation through the opening where the battery case was. 7. Have an assistant operate the foot pedal while you observe the hydro operation. Go back and forth, between forward and reverse, both freewheeling and holding the tires. You will be looking to see if anything changes, particularly during reverse operation.

I’m thinking you will find that the hydro belt is slipping due to wear. You and others may disagree with this procedure, which is fine, just thought I’d give you my way of diagnosing tranny problems.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I don't where Rivets came up the PN he did but not GTI or Husqvarna PN.

Here is the Husqvarna PN along with the GTI alternate PN. Personally I would buy the GTI as it is about $20 less than the Husqvarna belt. Now prices vary depending on the source for the part.

GTI = General Transmission Inc.
1658436357861.png

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I hope that is OK with you, StarTech?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Rivets just wish you had spec that the PN was an Ariens PN which my distributor does not carry so it did not show up but since I now got the Ariens PN I will add to my system as an alteranate PN..

As I said didn't know why you found that number here is my updated inventory screen showing the addition alternate PN now. There is probably other PNs out there too that neither of us have ran across yet. BTW the cost shown was when I brought the belt last Fall which hasn't changed yet this year.
1658445856660.png