PICS! The Kerry-All RER cover.....

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here it is!

This is the Kerry-all cover I got from Lloyd (Kerryall). It's especially designed for RER's. It isn't as snug-fitting as I'd prefer, but it will do the job of keeping rain off the mower, and UV rays off the seat.

It's so thick, it stands all by itself! (see pic) Very heavy material, and that makes it a lot easier to put on and take off, because you aren't fighting with it. There are vents in it, but they are really not needeed, due to the weight of the thing. Besides, there are eyelets all around the bottom of it so you can fasten it down with a bungee. I suggested doing away with the vents. They are just critter doors.

Not sure of the final price of this beastie, but it'll work! Designed for a Snapper, but I'd bet it'll fit almost any RER.

If you are doing a restoration and don't have a barn or shed, this is a MUST-HAVE! It'll make sure that resto lasts. :wink:

Wish I had it during the monsoon season!

Attachments

• DSCF0918.JPG
    DSCF0918.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF0919.JPG
    DSCF0919.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0920.JPG
    DSCF0920.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF0922.JPG
    DSCF0922.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF0924.JPG
    DSCF0924.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCF0926.JPG
    DSCF0926.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 45

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know this sounds like an ad - but it's not. That'd be really hypocritical of me.

Lloyd posted the question about a cover, I was going to chew him out about advertising, but he was quite open to designing something that suited we mower types. :biggrin: I gave him measurements and ideas, and he had it made, and shipoped me one, with the agreement that I'd post pics and my thoughts on it.

So, I did! I got what you see out of the deal, and if none sell, sorry to Lloyd. If he sells a million, I don't get anything more - so, I'm not advertising for him. Just letting you know what I think about this cover!

KerryAll

Threads
I will be working out a retail price soon. Instead of the grommets along the bottom, I going to use webbing loops (kind of like belt loops with 1" webbing, very strong) - this will keep the cost quite a bit cheaper (grommets aren't cheap and labor-intensive to install).
With more exact measurements, we can make a tighter fitting cover. Also, someone asked a while back about a bottom for the cover, for outdoor storage on a longer term. I think that is feasible (at a higher cost). Think of a shoebox. The cover you see in Todd's pics is the main part of the box (upside down). The shoebox 'cover' would sit on the ground with about a 4" high side. It would have Velcro on the top edge of that 4". Drive the mower onto it, then pull the main part of the 'box' over the mower. It would have Velcro on the inside, about 4" up from the bottom to fasten to the other Velcro.
This way, rain would run off the cover onto the ground, and not into the bottom if was placed on the outside.
Confused? Would anyone buy one, if the price is right?

benski

Threads
Well, at the risk of promoting desperately needed commerce here in North America, I'd probably buy one if it came in at about $200.00 or less. I think for those folks who have the unusual circumstance of owning a mower worth protecting and not having a great indoor place to store it, it would sure beat the ubiquitous blue tarp...:cool::wink:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
for $50 ....id buy on or two :rolleyes:

KerryAll

Threads
I'm going to try and get the price as close to $50 as I can... that would be the version without the bottom, though. I'll have to see how hard I can push the guy with the sewing machine! :thumbsup:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
this may sound a little weird :biggrin:..........but what about pockets on the bottom inside edge where you can put weights like river rock or something?

KerryAll

Threads
Actually, that's not a bad idea. Some may not want that, but I think we could offer it as an option, for only a couple dollars more... I'm open to all kinds of ideas, except giving them away for free! Hmm, that's not to stay if I do a small production run, I might raffle one off to forum posters, if there's a few out there who might be interested...

KerryAll

Threads
Okay, here's where I need your help. Can you send me the make and model of your ride-on, with dimensions- length, width and height. Be as accurate as possible, allow about 1" extra on the three measurements.
I'll tabulate and try to come up with a common size that will fit as many makes as possible. That way I can keep the price down by making one batch at a time (this is only a part-time business at the moment; I'm a one man shop with the sewing help of a two man shop).

If a one-size-fits-many doesn't work, Ill determine my retail price on a one-off basis (not as cheap to do).

Thanks for your help. :smile:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
another idea is like my motorcycle covers.....they have elastic on the front and back to wrap under the wheels............who are you asking for dimensions?