Pics from storm last Wednesday

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice pictures jd the best one is the one with the street sign that says"pass with care" :laughing: i wish i was permanately living in the country side like you instead of part timing it like i am now, i'll take that wide open space in a heartbeat.maybe when my wife quits working we can split this city life,i was out this morning at dark shoveling our 1 1/2" snow fall with my coffee and just thinking its so quit and nowbody is out yea thats for me:biggrin:

MAN, you have a great eye, I have seen that picture a dozen times and never paid any attention to the sign, thanks for pointing that out !!! I use a Blackberry for 98% of my pics, resolution is low (2 mp) but the file size is small and they can be emailed directly without using a PC, I did download them to my laptop to post on here.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow... nice pictures! Quite the storm. I remember storms that looked just like that when I lived in New York. I think the best part is when it's coming down and you're not sure when it's going to stop. :laughing:

Considering the weather in the last month, I am sure you DON'T miss living in New York right now !!! :laughing:

173abn

Threads
nice pics. jd and nice house.I just got hooked up to hughes highspeed so when one of my kids come out to show me I'll post some pics. I just got to clearing out my drive yesterday [lazy &retired ] I bought a back blade for my Yanmar and tried 2 differant kinds of pipe,pvc and washmachine.both lasted long enough to blade my drive and clear paths to my mailbox but that was it.I went to TSC and bought one of those rubber horse mats.they are heavier than they look,I cut a piece wider than the moldboard and as long as the blade.I did this with my saber saw and used a hole saw to cut the four bolt holes.I had to buy longer moldboard bolts and sandwiched the rubber between the blade and moldboard.It worked a heck of alot better than the pipe.I am so ready for spring! russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
nice pics. jd and nice house.I just got hooked up to hughes highspeed so when one of my kids come out to show me I'll post some pics. I just got to clearing out my drive yesterday [lazy &retired ] I bought a back blade for my Yanmar and tried 2 differant kinds of pipe,pvc and washmachine.both lasted long enough to blade my drive and clear paths to my mailbox but that was it.I went to TSC and bought one of those rubber horse mats.they are heavier than they look,I cut a piece wider than the moldboard and as long as the blade.I did this with my saber saw and used a hole saw to cut the four bolt holes.I had to buy longer moldboard bolts and sandwiched the rubber between the blade and moldboard.It worked a heck of alot better than the pipe.I am so ready for spring! russ

Thanks for the compliments on the pics and house, it was originally a 2 bedroom 1 bath 900 square foot ABANDONED house. It's now a remodeled 2450 square foot 3 bedroom, 3 bath house with formal dining and a fully finished 1450 square foot lower level...only took me 20 years of sweat equity and $150,000 worth of materials to finish it off LOL. Glad you can finally get high speed Internet, we waited for it for 12 years but were to cheap to buy Hughesnet, decided to wait until Verizon had DSL. Those stall mats are the best blade edge for the buck, I am surprised TSC doesn't cut those mats to a quarter of what they are in width now, they could sell them for $15 each instead of $40 for the whole thing and make more money that way shhh don't give them ideas....:biggrin:

173abn

Threads
I was able to get the hughses through the recovery act,didn't have to pay anything for the equipment or installation.so far I'm happy with it and it sure beats dialup! russ

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for posting the photos, JD. I like the way the wind blew the snow off your roof. At least you don't have to worry about too much weight up there.

Wayne195

Threads
Nice pictures, JDgreen; thanks for posting them!:smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for posting the photos, JD. I like the way the wind blew the snow off your roof. At least you don't have to worry about too much weight up there.

The longer roof is the addition part, we special ordered the scissor trusses in a heavier than code required size and spaced them closer together because I was concerned about all the snow that would form in the valley between the two roofs.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
The longer roof is the addition part, we special ordered the scissor trusses in a heavier than code required size and spaced them closer together because I was concerned about all the snow that would form in the valley between the two roofs.

That was a good investment -- especially if you're going to be in the house longer than a few years.

When I saw this New York Times article about snow-related roof problems in New England, I thought I'd mention it.

Here in Atlanta, we've had so much rain in the last few weeks that I've tried to think of what it would look like if it had all been snow without any melting. I can't imagine where we would put it.

BGC

Threads
Now that is some snow! I love the pics and am glad you shared them with us. This reminded me of something I saw a while back. I will share it later.