Picked up NICE Honda HRA216SXA Commercial

dfbrown

Threads
Yesterday I Picked up a pretty nice looking and working hra216sxa from a guy who got it from his father a couple years ago and it was bought new from his dad back in 1986 or so. It would not start this spring so he put it for sale $75.00. I changed the oil, cleaned the deck and sharpened blade and balanced, air filter was new and he was gonna send me more stuff for it in the mail as it was burried in his shed, checked valve adjustment, replaced spark plug with ngk irridiuim plug, adjusted the cables and cleaned the carb completely, fuel line, fuel filter and washed out fuel tank. Fired up 1st pull and runs like a beast and set rpm to 3250 and it is just simply amazing that honda made a machine like this back in mid 1980s. I mean it is just mind boggeling that they made this back then and really have not gone in left field with even the newer stuff like i have. The 2 speed transmission is ok but I perfer the hydro stuff but they did not make hydro trans at this time. The 1st gear (turtle) runs just fine but the rabbit is just too fast. I will get you pictures in the next couple of days of the mower. Anyone ever use one of these or own one??

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yesterday I Picked up a pretty nice looking and working hra216sxa from a guy who got it from his father a couple years ago and it was bought new from his dad back in 1986 or so. It would not start this spring so he put it for sale $75.00. I changed the oil, cleaned the deck and sharpened blade and balanced, air filter was new and he was gonna send me more stuff for it in the mail as it was burried in his shed, checked valve adjustment, replaced spark plug with ngk irridiuim plug, adjusted the cables and cleaned the carb completely, fuel line, fuel filter and washed out fuel tank. Fired up 1st pull and runs like a beast and set rpm to 3250 and it is just simply amazing that honda made a machine like this back in mid 1980s. I mean it is just mind boggeling that they made this back then and really have not gone in left field with even the newer stuff like i have. The 2 speed transmission is ok but I perfer the hydro stuff but they did not make hydro trans at this time. The 1st gear (turtle) runs just fine but the rabbit is just too fast. I will get you pictures in the next couple of days of the mower. Anyone ever use one of these or own one??
honda engines are tough to beat. my oldest son has hr215sxa masters series that i purchased new in 1990, loves it so much he mows twice a week sometimes. it still runs strong, 3 speed transmission, still starts easily. taking the time to perform preventive and necessary maintenance is the key.

Threads

awesome.gif Can't wait for pictures!

dfbrown

Threads
honda engines are tough to beat. my oldest son has hr215sxa masters series that i purchased new in 1990, loves it so much he mows twice a week sometimes. it still runs strong, 3 speed transmission, still starts easily. taking the time to perform preventive and necessary maintenance is the key.

I had many master series as they were great machines. I have had them with both 3 speed and hydro but I prefer the hydro every time. I totally agree that if you take care of something no matter how much you use it, it will last a long long time. When I do my own yard on the weekend, I edge with my edger, trim everywhere, then I use my 21" mower (depending on which HRC216 I wanna use that day) and then I pull out the beast (hrc7113txa) and make yankee stadium in my back yard but I always always double cut the yard but usually in different directions so it looks like a military flat top hair cut. Always sharp blades when cutting.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I had many master series as they were great machines. I have had them with both 3 speed and hydro but I prefer the hydro every time. I totally agree that if you take care of something no matter how much you use it, it will last a long long time. When I do my own yard on the weekend, I edge with my edger, trim everywhere, then I use my 21" mower (depending on which HRC216 I wanna use that day) and then I pull out the beast (hrc7113txa) and make yankee stadium in my back yard but I always always double cut the yard but usually in different directions so it looks like a military flat top hair cut. Always sharp blades when cutting.
sounds like a plan!