Picked up a free snow blower

Snapperfreak

Threads
Love it when a plan comes together! Congrats!

eBay is great.

mmanter

Threads
Got the replacement scraper from ebay for a cost of $12.00. Hopefully I won't need to use it any more this year but if I do it should work really well now that it has a full scraper instead of half of a scraper. Only thing I need to do now is rebuild the carburetor and address a head gasket that has started to leak. Even with the added cost of a head gasket my total cost will still only be $35. Not bad at all and much better than buying one for $50 without knowing what could need replaced.

mmanter

Threads
Replaced the scraper right after the last snowfall and it was a little better but then I found out the rubber blades were worn down. It did a decent job but will be better once I get some new paddles on it. They were worn down by the lack of a scraper, and bottoming out right on the pavement. No harm, no foul. It still is a good deal, even with the added cost of a new set of paddles only $20 on ebay. This spring I will be able to properly clean it up and get it all put away for the off season. Combined with the mowers I have to fix I will have enough to keep me busy this spring & summer.