Picked up a free snow blower

mmanter

Threads
Hey guys, Boy will I be glad once spring comes after this harsh winter.

Since there has already been 5 feet of snow in the central Ohio area so far this year I decided to get a snow blower. Found an ad for a Toro S-200 2 cycle so I emailed the guy. Turns out he didn't want anything for it but just wanted it gone. He started it up for me & I was able to hear it run. Told me the spark plug was rather old since he never replaced it so I got another one for it. Found out it wasn't even the right plug. The snow blower starts but doesn't exactly run right. The choke is cable isn't exactly free so the knob is always pulled out. Gotta take a look at it to see what is causing it. The idle goes high, then low so I'm not too sure what's causing that. Considering the age of the unit I figure at least a carb rebuild is in order on it. I have the original manual so I'm going to locate a kit for it & get it running right.

Not familiar with 2 cycle engines so we will see what happens when I get to tinkering with the thing. Hopefully come next snow fall it will be running well enough to use!

mmanter

Threads
Found out the problem on the choke cable. The part of the plastic cover that the choke cable bracket bolts to has snapped off. What I gotta do now is figure a way to rig it up to secure the cable. Once I do that maybe the snow blower will run better, since at the moment the choke is not functioning.

Snapperfreak

Threads
Cool, sounds like it won't take much to get it back to good. That's awesome u got it for free, I've had the good fortune to get a few awesome machines free too. Not too familiar with snow blowers and can't recall seeing a 2cycle unit but all the better. How old do u think it is?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cool, sounds like it won't take much to get it back to good. That's awesome u got it for free, I've had the good fortune to get a few awesome machines free too. Not too familiar with snow blowers and can't recall seeing a 2cycle unit but all the better. How old do u think it is?

The old toro toro 2cycles are beasts :)

mmanter

Threads

I think it's about 30 years old but that doesn't matter to me. I've already lined up a carb kit for it if I need one and am going to work on getting it running better tomorrow so I can use it come next snow fall.

mmanter

Threads
The old toro toro 2cycles are beasts :)

I've heard that from a few different people so I was thrilled that it pulls on the first pull even if it does need a little repair if I put $20-30 in the machine I'm still coming out on top.

Snapperfreak

Threads
I'm partial to the older machines too. U got a great deal there.

mmanter

Threads
I'm partial to the older machines too. U got a great deal there.

Thanks,

Going to get a carb kit for it which is about 11 bux, and a nut & bolt to fasten the choke cable to the case. Once those repairs are done hopefully the blower will run good as new. :smile:

mowerman1999

Threads
I think it's about 30 years old but that doesn't matter to me. I've already lined up a carb kit for it if I need one and am going to work on getting it running better tomorrow so I can use it come next snow fall.

The old stuffs always the beast,simplee to work on and made with better quality parts.

mmanter

Threads
It works!! I got a nut & bolt installed for the choke cable and it fired right up and ran pretty good. Went ahead and cleaned the driveway & it did great for a free snow blower. I didn't notice this but half of the scraper is missing so I'm gonna invest $15 off ebay to get a new scraper. Total cost with spark plug, scraper, and cost of unit. $18. Can't beat that for a snow blower!