PERFORMANCE MATTERS

tomf

Forum Newbie
GIVEN QUALITY OF CUT AS NUMBER 1, WHERE IN THE SCHEME OF EQUIPMENT ATTRIBUTES DOES EXHAUST NOISE FALL.
 
GIVEN QUALITY OF CUT AS NUMBER 1, WHERE IN THE SCHEME OF EQUIPMENT ATTRIBUTES DOES EXHAUST NOISE FALL.

WELCOME TO LMF!

I think that is a personal preference. If you live out where no one is around, your mower can be as loud as you want it to be. But if you live in a quiet neighborhood (or you just don't like loud noises), then I would look for a mower that was not really loud.
 
I'd say noise would be a close third, right behind reliablity/durability. I live out in the sticks, so no neighbor worries here, but I don't want to sit on something for 3.5 hours that can be heard in the next county.
 
I don't think there such a thing as a loud lawn mower. Actually manufacturers are trying hard to make the most "green" machine they can. I have a grasshopper diesel and its pretty quite. I dunno I think all types are about the same when it comes to loudness.
 
I don't think there such a thing as a loud lawn mower. Actually manufacturers are trying hard to make the most "green" machine they can. I have a grasshopper diesel and its pretty quite. I dunno I think all types are about the same when it comes to loudness.

Well, when I had the Billy Goat HomePro 34 it was SOOOOOOO loud compared to my 2 Honda mowers. :thumbdown:
Billy Goat.jpg
 
Yes! My uncle had a old billy goat vac. Thing way loud. Unreasably loud.
 
I don't think there such a thing as a loud lawn mower. Actually manufacturers are trying hard to make the most "green" machine they can. I have a grasshopper diesel and its pretty quite. I dunno I think all types are about the same when it comes to loudness.

I have to disagree to a point. My dad's Kubota diesel sounds like a Rolls compared to my air cooled John Deere, but my JD is quiet compared to an el-cheapo rider from a box store. I have an old Snapper garden tractor that is very loud, and yes all the shrouds and in place and the exhaust is fully functional. But I do agree the manufacturers are doing what they can towards noise pollution given the price point of their mowers.
 
Back
Top