Parts just getting better. NOT

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
So far stens is still reasonable on shipping but lots of common stuff backordered.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
@bertsmobile1 The box stores will still carry the Briggs engine equipment but the retail dealers will limit their inventory with Briggs equipped equipment and will choose alternative engine manufacturers if possible.

@StarTech I totally agree that the investment group that purchased Briggs is just milking them for what they can get and will discard them at some point in the near future.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have they sold or started to redevelop the Wisconsin properties ?
I suspect that was all they were after.
Then sell the Chinese factories to the Chinese partners and the brand to whoever in India wants to own it .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Have they sold or started to redevelop the Wisconsin properties ?
I suspect that was all they were after.
Then sell the Chinese factories to the Chinese partners and the brand to whoever in India wants to own it .
Why not they have already pretty well turned things over to China and India now anyways. This whole industry is going downhill faster than ever. It will be the third industry I have work in that gone to heck in a hand basket. Just hoping to make it another three years then I go part time and enjoy what time I got left.

I was buying belts from A&I (formerly Sunbelt) where the last few years all their belts were coming out of India and was constantly short. I finally got fed up with having to return nearly every belt because they were 1-3" short and I just quit buying them. Plus I can't trust Stens to send the correct size belts either as I got here sitting on the desk a belt that is 1" too long.

My A&I regional salesman showed up this week after 5 yrs and was wondering why my purchases had dropped so much. I gave him an ear full of all the problems I had over the last few years with A&I. He appeared to listen but probably nothing will change for the better.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My A&I regional salesman showed up this week after 5 yrs and was wondering why my purchases had dropped so much.

Translation
" why am i not making money off you."