Parts Compatibility and Shop Manual

jimshoe52

Threads
I recently purchased a Troy-Bilt TB30R riding mower. I was wondering if MTD parts are compatible with this model? Also, I'm looking for a shop repair manual for this model; preferably a PDF download file.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Contrary to what even some dealers think, MTD (yardman, yardmachine), troybilt, cub cadet, bolens parts are all the same. Just different packaging. I am a MTD authorized service center but don't have direct access to some parts that are Cub Cadet exclusive. But I have received Cub Cadet labeled parts through my MTD non cub cadet distributor.

jimshoe52

Threads
Contrary to what even some dealers think, MTD (yardman, yardmachine), troybilt, cub cadet, bolens parts are all the same. Just different packaging. I am a MTD authorized service center but don't have direct access to some parts that are Cub Cadet exclusive. But I have received Cub Cadet labeled parts through my MTD non cub cadet distributor.

Well, thanks for the info. Would you happen to how I could acquire a shop manual for my Troy-Bilt. The TB web site provides a number of shop manuals (free d/l) but none specific to a TB30R.

jimshoe52

Threads
Well, thanks for the info. Would you happen to how I could acquire a shop manual for my Troy-Bilt. The TB web site provides a number of shop manuals (free d/l) but none specific to a TB30R.

Well, that's unfortunate - I wonder why?