Part-time mowing business just starting out

locolupe77

Threads
Im Mexican and have a business license and Insurance. I live in West Virginia and guess what? there are not many Mexicans up here. Most of the people who work here in the lawn care business do not have any insurance or business license. How do I know? Most do not have any business names or phone numbers on their trucks or trailers. As a matter of fact I was called to do an estimate on a house with a half acre lot. I priced it at 50 dollars weekly to mow, trim and edge the lawn. The lady said it was too much. She said a person before me had given her an estimate of 35 dollars. I saw the truck with a lawn trailer leave as I was arriving, and there was no business name or phone number on the truck. Oh and he was not Mexican, he was white and was wearing a WV hat. BTW I am an American Citizen!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Im Mexican and have a business license and Insurance. I live in West Virginia and guess what? there are not many Mexicans up here. Most of the people who work here in the lawn care business do not have any insurance or business license. How do I know? Most do not have any business names or phone numbers on their trucks or trailers. As a matter of fact I was called to do an estimate on a house with a half acre lot. I priced it at 50 dollars weekly to mow, trim and edge the lawn. The lady said it was too much. She said a person before me had given her an estimate of 35 dollars. I saw the truck with a lawn trailer leave as I was arriving, and there was no business name or phone number on the truck. Oh and he was not Mexican, he was white and was wearing a WV hat. BTW I am an American Citizen!

And you said all this why?
I have no name or number on my trucks or trailers I took them off 4 years ago so people would stop calling me to get there yard done.

What's it matter if your Mexican? As long as people know what your saying and you know what they say

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

locolupe77

Threads
And you said all this why?
I have no name or number on my trucks or trailers I took them off 4 years ago so people would stop calling me to get there yard done.

What's it matter if your Mexican? As long as people know what your saying and you know what they say

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Because I felt like stating that fact! Did you not read the previous posts? It was in response to some posters making remarks about Mexicans. Read before you question people about their posts..:mad:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Because I felt like stating that fact! Did you not read the previous posts? It was in response to some posters making remarks about Mexicans. Read before you question people about their posts..:mad:

Ok I understand your remarks and you wanting to state the facts, but that fact is that you are talking about Human Nature. That was the reason I asked how do you tell. When people see an individual or crew of Mexicans working on lawns they automatically think and make the assumption there illegals, the same with someone from the middle east that works or owns a convenient store, they make the assumption that they are some sort of terrorist or something and the list goes on. The thing is I see a lot of people doing lawn care that are questionable whether they have all the necessary papers they are supposed to have to do the job but I also see a guy that is maybe just trying to feed his family or pay some bills and I make the assumption that he is one I don't have to supply welfare and food stamps for because at least he is making an effort. Think Positive.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

locolupe77,
If you read all of my posts in the context they are written you will see that the illegals are the ones that are making you feel "profiled" by some of the posts in this thread and you should be just as angry toward illegals as some of us are. I have read many of your posts and I must say that you appear to make very legible sentences which are obviously not in Spanish. I am assuming, that as pointed out by user Carscw, if we had a person-to-person conversation with you that we would have no problem understaning what you are saying(aside from most likely a slight accent). And with you being a U.S. Citizen(shows some initiative to fit into our society), becoming fluant in English(shows an intitiate for you to blend into our culture) and paying your taxes and obtaining the proper licenses......you are NOT one of the Hispanic, Mexican born individuals that I referred to in my posts. I'm also willing to bet that you price your services competitively, but reasonably close to any other lawn maintenance professional in your area. If you, because of your ethnicity, were offended by any of my remarks I have no qualms humbly apologizing. But as I just stated, based upon the information you provided, I was NOT talking about you.