Online parts purchases

Hardluck

Threads
Where do you buy your online parts other than fleabay and azon?
I live in a remote area without good dealer support and buy mostly online buy looking for other places,

charleneje

Threads
I ordered two parts for my MTD model 601 from the MTD parts selling website, the website said both parts in stock, they charged my credit card immediately. Then they finally mailed the package over a week later and I received a package after waiting for 3 weeks when I paid for express shipping. One of the parts was in the package even though the packing list showed both should have been there, so I tried to contact them to ask when I would get the other part and phoned the number it has three choices when it answers I tried every one of the choices and sat on hold for more than an hour on the first two the third said if I needed help with an order press 3, I pressed three and it said to go online and order online and disconnected. There is absolutely no way to talk to someone regarding something missing from an order. I will never order from there again they have always taken forever to get parts to you anyway and now I still need a part for my deck, without that part I cannot mow my acre of front and back yard. So I would NOT suggest ever ordering from MTD or whoever has taken the website over.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Which vendor was this so none us get burned too.

I currently have a problem with an Amazon order for Briggs parts. Ordered 4 each and only got two each so far only been billed for the two items. Amazon support is of no use as they have no idea if the parts got back order or what. These places gets so many orders they don't if they screw some of us.

Joed756

Threads
Which vendor was this so none us get burned too.

I currently have a problem with an Amazon order for Briggs parts. Ordered 4 each and only got two each so far only been billed for the two items. Amazon support is of no use as they have no idea if the parts got back order or what. These places gets so many orders they don't if they screw some of us.
He said it was the MTD website.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I ordered two parts for my MTD model 601 from the MTD parts selling website, the website said both parts in stock, they charged my credit card immediately. Then they finally mailed the package over a week later and I received a package after waiting for 3 weeks when I paid for express shipping. One of the parts was in the package even though the packing list showed both should have been there, so I tried to contact them to ask when I would get the other part and phoned the number it has three choices when it answers I tried every one of the choices and sat on hold for more than an hour on the first two the third said if I needed help with an order press 3, I pressed three and it said to go online and order online and disconnected. There is absolutely no way to talk to someone regarding something missing from an order. I will never order from there again they have always taken forever to get parts to you anyway and now I still need a part for my deck, without that part I cannot mow my acre of front and back yard. So I would NOT suggest ever ordering from MTD or whoever has taken the website over.
I will give you a heads up. As a dealer If I request an emergency parts order through my MTD parts distributor. to be dropped shipped from MTD, the only option I have is UPS next day air, and you know how much that cost. Shipped in 14 days.

GearHead36

Threads
MTD.... I ordered a part from the MTD web site about a week ago. I can't find out if it's been shipped.

Edit - I found the shipping status. It's been over a week since the order, and it's still not shipped.

Edit 2 - On the same day I checked the shipping status, and it showed as not shipped... it got delivered. 1 week delivery is not terrible, but MTD's order tracking is crap.

Over the past year, I've made multiple orders from the Cub Cadet web site, and have had good luck getting parts in a somewhat timely manner. Not as good as, say, Amazon's next day delivery (I live about 30 minutes from a distribution center), but not bad.

Last edited: