Online parts purchases

Hardluck

Threads
I ordered two parts for my MTD model 601 from the MTD parts selling website, the website said both parts in stock, they charged my credit card immediately. Then they finally mailed the package over a week later and I received a package after waiting for 3 weeks when I paid for express shipping. One of the parts was in the package even though the packing list showed both should have been there, so I tried to contact them to ask when I would get the other part and phoned the number it has three choices when it answers I tried every one of the choices and sat on hold for more than an hour on the first two the third said if I needed help with an order press 3, I pressed three and it said to go online and order online and disconnected. There is absolutely no way to talk to someone regarding something missing from an order. I will never order from there again they have always taken forever to get parts to you anyway and now I still need a part for my deck, without that part I cannot mow my acre of front and back yard. So I would NOT suggest ever ordering from MTD or whoever has taken the website over.
Thanks. Good information

Threads
Where do you buy your online parts other than fleabay and azon?
I live in a remote area without good dealer support and buy mostly online buy looking for other places,
Try Jack's Small Engines. They might be a little more pricey but they sell good stuff with very comprehensive coverage of all makes and models. https://www.jackssmallengines.com/

grumpyunk

Threads
I have had zero complaints dealing with PSEP.BIZ. Pat's Small Engine Parts. They shipped what was ordered quickly and correctly. AFAIK they have a fixed price shipping, but that may have changed. I used their 'sand blades' on a 42" AYP(Craftsman) for over 5 years with no need to sharpen. They make the factory blades look like cooked noodles in comparison.

Back44L&G

Threads

catman606

Threads
I bought JD 190C project mower. The wiring is pretty butchered up and I was wondering if the wiring harnesses one can purchase are good quality. I could probably sort mine out but if these harnesses are good quality that would save time.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IF in doubt about a vendor ask around. Most likely someone has experience with them.

Most are reliable but a few have quirky setups. Some will bill you right away and then hold your money when they can't deliver until you raise the issue.

This is why as a business I have narrowed my sources to the most reliable ones.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I bought JD 190C project mower. The wiring is pretty butchered up and I was wondering if the wiring harnesses one can purchase are good quality. I could probably sort mine out but if these harnesses are good quality that would save time.
Most likely the only ones available is the JD ones and they are very proud of them at $300+ depending on the vendor. Just note there is a front harness and a rear harness that are sold separately.

Here I would just first find out just how bad the harness is butchered and if possible repair it. JD is showing connectors but but not showing any PNs so most likely those would need to be outsourced.