Export thread

Online parts purchases

H

Hardluck

Where do you buy your online parts other than fleabay and azon?
I live in a remote area without good dealer support and buy mostly online buy looking for other places,

J

Joed756

I have had nothing but good experiences with Jack's Small Engines.

skippymud

skippymud

Could try https://www.partstree.com
and/or
ISaveTractors.com

H

Hardluck

I have had nothing but good experiences with Jack's Small Engines.
Thanks. They used to be good but since they got bought by Northern tools. Not so much to me.

H

Hardluck

Thanks for the replies

C

charleneje

I ordered two parts for my MTD model 601 from the MTD parts selling website, the website said both parts in stock, they charged my credit card immediately. Then they finally mailed the package over a week later and I received a package after waiting for 3 weeks when I paid for express shipping. One of the parts was in the package even though the packing list showed both should have been there, so I tried to contact them to ask when I would get the other part and phoned the number it has three choices when it answers I tried every one of the choices and sat on hold for more than an hour on the first two the third said if I needed help with an order press 3, I pressed three and it said to go online and order online and disconnected. There is absolutely no way to talk to someone regarding something missing from an order. I will never order from there again they have always taken forever to get parts to you anyway and now I still need a part for my deck, without that part I cannot mow my acre of front and back yard. So I would NOT suggest ever ordering from MTD or whoever has taken the website over.

StarTech

StarTech

Which vendor was this so none us get burned too.

I currently have a problem with an Amazon order for Briggs parts. Ordered 4 each and only got two each so far only been billed for the two items. Amazon support is of no use as they have no idea if the parts got back order or what. These places gets so many orders they don't if they screw some of us.

J

Joed756

I currently have a problem with an Amazon order for Briggs parts. Ordered 4 each and only got two each so far only been billed for the two items. Amazon support is of no use as they have no idea if the parts got back order or what. These places gets so many orders they don't if they screw some of us.
He said it was the MTD website.

I

ILENGINE

I ordered two parts for my MTD model 601 from the MTD parts selling website, the website said both parts in stock, they charged my credit card immediately. Then they finally mailed the package over a week later and I received a package after waiting for 3 weeks when I paid for express shipping. One of the parts was in the package even though the packing list showed both should have been there, so I tried to contact them to ask when I would get the other part and phoned the number it has three choices when it answers I tried every one of the choices and sat on hold for more than an hour on the first two the third said if I needed help with an order press 3, I pressed three and it said to go online and order online and disconnected. There is absolutely no way to talk to someone regarding something missing from an order. I will never order from there again they have always taken forever to get parts to you anyway and now I still need a part for my deck, without that part I cannot mow my acre of front and back yard. So I would NOT suggest ever ordering from MTD or whoever has taken the website over.
I will give you a heads up. As a dealer If I request an emergency parts order through my MTD parts distributor. to be dropped shipped from MTD, the only option I have is UPS next day air, and you know how much that cost. Shipped in 14 days.

G

GearHead36

MTD.... I ordered a part from the MTD web site about a week ago. I can't find out if it's been shipped.

Edit - I found the shipping status. It's been over a week since the order, and it's still not shipped.

Edit 2 - On the same day I checked the shipping status, and it showed as not shipped... it got delivered. 1 week delivery is not terrible, but MTD's order tracking is crap.

Over the past year, I've made multiple orders from the Cub Cadet web site, and have had good luck getting parts in a somewhat timely manner. Not as good as, say, Amazon's next day delivery (I live about 30 minutes from a distribution center), but not bad.

H

Hardluck

Thanks. Good information

B

bk10s

I live in a remote area without good dealer support and buy mostly online buy looking for other places,
I've had good luck with SEPW - Small Engine Parts Warehouse. https://www.sepw.com/

H

Hardluck

I've had good luck with SEPW - Small Engine Parts Warehouse. https://www.sepw.com/
Thank you

The Maintenance Guy

The Maintenance Guy

Try Jack's Small Engines. They might be a little more pricey but they sell good stuff with very comprehensive coverage of all makes and models. https://www.jackssmallengines.com/

grumpyunk

grumpyunk

I have had zero complaints dealing with PSEP.BIZ. Pat's Small Engine Parts. They shipped what was ordered quickly and correctly. AFAIK they have a fixed price shipping, but that may have changed. I used their 'sand blades' on a 42" AYP(Craftsman) for over 5 years with no need to sharpen. They make the factory blades look like cooked noodles in comparison.

B

Back44L&G

H

Hardluck

Thanks for the great replies.

C

catman606

I bought JD 190C project mower. The wiring is pretty butchered up and I was wondering if the wiring harnesses one can purchase are good quality. I could probably sort mine out but if these harnesses are good quality that would save time.

StarTech

StarTech

IF in doubt about a vendor ask around. Most likely someone has experience with them.

Most are reliable but a few have quirky setups. Some will bill you right away and then hold your money when they can't deliver until you raise the issue.

This is why as a business I have narrowed my sources to the most reliable ones.

StarTech

StarTech

I bought JD 190C project mower. The wiring is pretty butchered up and I was wondering if the wiring harnesses one can purchase are good quality. I could probably sort mine out but if these harnesses are good quality that would save time.
Most likely the only ones available is the JD ones and they are very proud of them at $300+ depending on the vendor. Just note there is a front harness and a rear harness that are sold separately.

Here I would just first find out just how bad the harness is butchered and if possible repair it. JD is showing connectors but but not showing any PNs so most likely those would need to be outsourced.

C

catman606

Most likely the only ones available is the JD ones and they are very proud of them at $300+ depending on the vendor. Just note there is a front harness and a rear harness that are sold separately.

Here I would just first find out just how bad the harness is butchered and if possible repair it. JD is showing connectors but but not showing any PNs so most likely those would need to be outsourced.
Thanks, I've researched and i saw there was a front harness and one for the PTO i believe it was. I could get it running but I would like to have all the safety switches working also.

StarTech

StarTech

then what you need is the wiring schematic.
1718581998169.png

C

charleneje

Sorry I only just saw your question about vendor. It was the MTD website its impossible to get them on the phone the computer puts you on hold forever and you cannot get any answers on the website I still haven't received the other part I ordered and just don't know what to do apart from just not using that site ever again I found it by doing a search for MTD parts and that showed as the manufacturers site so whoever took it over is not sending the parts out as ordered.

M

MarshSt

Has anyone tried Chalmers Industries for on-line parts purchases? I'm looking for some Troy-Bilt sickle bar parts.
Chalmersind.c*m
Chalmers Industries Inc
Pueblo West, CO