Older snapper..thinking about buying for sister to use

diehardmason

Threads
  • / Older snapper..thinking about buying for sister to use
My sister just purchased a home on an acre lot. I was considering buying her a used mower to help her maintain it. I found this mower on craigslist.

'''Snapper''' Zero-Turn 15hp 42in.

Any thoughts on this type of joystick control Snapper? I have a friend with one and he is pretty satisfied with his.

txzrider

Threads
I used the 33 inch version for 15 years... loved it... very troublefree and easy to use. takes a little finesse at 1st... but it gets easy to use plus leaves a hand free to move limbs away. Also mine went 12 years w/o ever needing a belt!!

Last edited:

snapperresto1

Threads
They are quite dependable (as most snappers are) but the joystick thing takes some gettin used to. Other than that I think they are a good buy. Oh yea, and you dont have to look over the motor!:smile:

HarryHarley

Threads
If you buy it, make sure to get a cover for that top air intake. That looks dangerous!!

txzrider

Threads
another thing to remember is like any ztr... you have to keep both wheels turning when you make turns, otherwise it will dig up your grass. I am betting other folks on here can tell you the best way to verify the hydros are in good shape... other than just listening for whining... mine in my old one were eaton 7800's and they were bulletproof. I towed the golfcart trailer loaded with the goldcart and it never even whined. It pulled my cyclone rake fully loaded as well with no issues. The only failure I ever had with the joystick was due to a tiny nut coming loose from where the cable attaches to the lever for one of the hydros... it made it only turn left.

Threads
My sister just purchased a home on an acre lot. I was considering buying her a used mower to help her maintain it. I found this mower on craigslist.

'''Snapper''' Zero-Turn 15hp 42in.

Any thoughts on this type of joystick control Snapper? I have a friend with one and he is pretty satisfied with his.

So did you buy it? :licking:

diehardmason

Threads
So did you buy it? :licking:

Nah. Went mid morning the next day & it was sold. Ended up with what I thought was a better deal. Craftsman 48" lawn tractor with brand new motor, deck & steering column. $100 cheaper.

HarryHarley

Threads
Are you sure....... we don't see any picture!!!! LOL