Old Echo trimmer won't start

redice

Threads
I have an old Echo weed eater and it won't start. i cleaned the whole carburetor, the whole spark system is fine. it's one of those trimmers with the kill switch on top. It has good compression. i took the exhaust off and i can see exhaust coming out so i know its firing. I wonder if it the fuel issue. There's no fuel line or filter in the gas tank. can anyone tell me if i need to put one on to fix the problem?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
It would help if we had a model number.
You may well need a new set of carb gaskets.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have an old Echo weed eater and it won't start. i cleaned the whole carburetor, the whole spark system is fine. it's one of those trimmers with the kill switch on top. It has good compression. i took the exhaust off and i can see exhaust coming out so i know its firing. I wonder if it the fuel issue. There's no fuel line or filter in the gas tank. can anyone tell me if i need to put one on to fix the problem?

Have you checked the Spark Arrestor Screen. It may be plugged and would keep it from running.

redice

Threads
Well i put a new line on it, cleaned the carb. im gonna get some starting fluid and see if that works. im also gonna check to see if the muffler is clogged.i'll get back to you on it

redice

Threads
there wasnt a spark arrestor screen on it. i even tried putting starting fluid in it. it doesnt start. it does fire because exhaust comes out but it just wont start.

tybilly

Threads
ring seizure? crankcase seals?check compression,if under 90 psi its possible its one of these reasons

redice

Threads
I cleaned the points and condenser and it started up. it runs fine but it takes a while to start up