Old Briggs and Stratton 3.5 HP engine

wilsonbb

Threads
I have received my rebuild kit for my 3.5 HP B & S engine and some other parts which I believe will work fine. However, the carburetor kit I ordered and received definitely has the wrong diaphragm. I am not sure if the other parts in the kit are correct either. The diaphragm that came with the kit has metal hook attached which I believe connects to the choke, but the one I need has nothing connected to it; it just has several holes and one indentation where a spring and a ring go to fit up into the carburetor. My engine is Model-92902, Type-1017-01 and Code 7203079. It has the carburetor attached to the top of the gas tank. I have checked the B & S master parts catalog it shows the same wrong diaphragm for 92900 models and I do not see the correct diaphragm anywhere whether with a kit or separate.

Any ideas where I might find the correct kit with the correct diaphragm?

Thanks,
Bruce

wilsonbb

Threads
Well I have my 3.5 HP B&S engine and carburetor rebuilt. I have got it running, also. I have started the engine and adjusted the carburetor and it runs really well. However, when I put the air filter on top of the carburetor the engine chokes and cuts off. Also, my engine is on my tiller and if I engage the clutch (without the air filter) and try to till with it the engine cuts off.

Any idea what is wrong? The carburetor is a late pulsa jet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bruce