Oil Shortage?

shurguywutt

Threads
I went to walmart to pick up some SAE 30 and it was slim pickings! No 4qt bottles of supertech. Almost $5 a qt. I Found a gal of Shell T1 for $18 but that's about it. The rest is all light weight synthetics. I asked the guy that works there about it and he said it's been like that for a while. He said they get some in on occasion and he didn't know if it was a supply issue or refinery issue.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Expect it to get worse, when ya find it, stock up..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That why I check online multiple stores before I make a trip.

Now it seems every place is giving problems now. I recently was shopping in Kroger store it seems they put things on sale that they don't even have just to get customers in the store so they switch them to something else. Well I not falling for it anymore. If they don't have what I am looking I just leave without buying anything because I don't like the bait and switch cons.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Walmart and all the other parrasites only keep what sells in large volumes quickly
SO only the most popular oils will be there
Do yourself and the USA economy a big favour & get your oil from a mower shop
Most will sell at least one of the generic brands blended for the aftermarket parts suppliers like Stens & Rotary
Like Amazon, Walmart is destroying the USA economy and that is a bigger threat to all of you have China / Russia / Korea ever will be

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Walmart and all the other parrasites only keep what sells in large volumes quickly
SO only the most popular oils will be there
Do yourself and the USA economy a big favour & get your oil from a mower shop
Most will sell at least one of the generic brands blended for the aftermarket parts suppliers like Stens & Rotary
Like Amazon, Walmart is destroying the USA economy and that is a bigger threat to all of you have China / Russia / Korea ever will be
Walmart is China’s best customer.
I like going to my local Ace Hardware for many items. My local Ace Hardware is also a NAPA Auto Parts.
My local Gravely/Ariens/Toro dealer and local Hustler/Exmark dealer have decent prices on oil, oil filters, fuel filters, air filters, and spark plugs.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is oil? isn't that a 20th century product that went extinct about 2020 - 2021? Some kind of government change?

shurguywutt

Threads
What is oil? isn't that a 20th century product that went extinct about 2020 - 2021? Some kind of government change?
ROFL - right! I know what I will do now, go down to my local Home Depot and buy one of those oil less battery Zero Turns that they want about $8K for HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I will sure feel proud and green when I have to replace 6 4ah lithium batteries after a year or two - send em to the landfill!

Lawn Addict
Threads
I will sure feel proud and green when I have to replace 6 4ah lithium batteries after a year or two - send em to the landfill!
And replacement battery could cost more than the whole mower..

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nah, all that is needed is to declare you are part of a disadvantaged group and the battery will be free.