Oil filter repalcement

lesmcphee

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a new Toro Model 75755 50" with Toro 24.5 HP V-Twin.
Local dealer wants $33 (CDN) for oil filter. Engine #: 139-0602.

Can anyone suggest other equivalent oil filter?

dtestin

Threads
Walmart has Supertech ST4967. Other forums gave these filters surprisingly good reviews.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I have a new Toro Model 75755 50" with Toro 24.5 HP V-Twin.
Local dealer wants $33 (CDN) for oil filter. Engine #: 139-0602.

Can anyone suggest other equivalent oil filter?
There are websites that cross reference oil filters. Type in “oil filter cross reference” and it will help. Have used it many times.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are websites that cross reference oil filters. Type in “oil filter cross reference” and it will help. Have used it many times.
Just a reminder. The WIX/NAPA Gold oil filters will not work. Their base plates make contact with the oil filter mounting flange before the gasket can fully compress. This leads to an oil leak and possible engine damage. The Predator (Loncin) engine manual states use only the STP or FRAM filters for the engine.
I have first hand knowledge of the WIX/NAPA Gold filters. I owned two different Toro mowers with the same engine.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just a reminder. The WIX/NAPA Gold oil filters will not work. Their base plates make contact with the oil filter mounting flange before the gasket can fully compress. This leads to an oil leak and possible engine damage. The Predator (Loncin) engine manual states use only the STP or FRAM filters for the engine.
I have first hand knowledge of the WIX/NAPA Gold filters. I owned two different Toro mowers with the same engine.
I ran Into that with the first toro engine mower I got in the shop. Have to stock another filter.

cliffblue

Threads
Thanks, I need to check my 75754. I have 7-8 hours on it since I put a NAPA Gold on it. It seemed to go on ok, and it’s not leaking yet.