Oil Filter for John Deere LA135

mmitsch

Forum Newbie
I have a John Deere LA135 Riding Mower which I bough used a few years ago. I have always used a Motorcraft FL910S Oil Filter on it due to a video I'd seen recommending them. I believe the recommended John Deere filer is a AM125424.

I am wondering if anybody knows if there is any quality difference between these? Should I continue using the Motorcraft? Are they better?

Let me know and thank you!
 
The John Deere filter that you referenced is the short Briggs and Stratton oil filter. The John Deere filter crosses to a FRAM PH8170 or a WIX 57035. The Motorcraft FL-910s is a longer application. Other longer filters are WIX 51348, FRAM XX3614, and etc.
Better? That’s subjective.
It only gives you a little more oil capacity.
If you have the room, I don’t see why you shouldn’t use the Motorcraft. Just make sure that the oil level is correct on the dipstick.
 
Back
Top