Oil filter cross reference

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kawasaki oil filter # 49065-7007 has been replaced with 49065- 0721 (see attached image)

But the Wix 57035 is what I use now..

Wix 57035

Attachments

• 49065-7007 replacement.jpg
    49065-7007 replacement.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

se3388

Threads
Thanks, I bought a 6 pack of Kawa filters several years ago so I guess they changed the number since then. I'll check O'Reillys for the Wix filter.

Steve............

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks, I bought a 6 pack of Kawa filters several years ago so I guess they changed the number since then. I'll check O'Reillys for the Wix filter.

Steve............

Steve- (y) Yes they did. The new # Kaw filters also got much smaller. My Cup wrench is too big for them. I read that this was so Kaw could use same filter on most engines. IDK for sure. .

I'm happier with the Wix. Shop around for best pricing, Local O'-Reilleys here was too proud of them for me. (only thing is) the end is completely round, no hex at all, so if one was to be difficult to remove, I would just use my strap wrench. Just FYI.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just happened to notice this pastime week that stens filters have a lot less microns than OEM.
I should probably stop using them.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I just happened to notice this pastime week that sense filters have a lot less microns than OEM.
I should probably stop using them.
If sens was a mis type for Stens you will see they are 28 micron which is 2 micron FINER than the Kawasaki specificationj
When you are talking about filter media, the mesh size is an average , much like Hp on engines so the kawakasi 30 micron is +/- 10% so 27 to 33 micron.
I have made warranty claims against Kawasaki twice where the dealer saw the Stens oil filter and immediately rejected the claim.
I got this in writing & sent it to my Stens rep.
Two days latter a brand new engine turned up at the shop for one and a new head turned up at the dealers for the other.
Stens oil filters are made by Champion ( who make the filters for Kohler & Briggs ) and come with full warranty so don't get fearful about using them, Stens also stand behind them.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
If sens was a mis type for Stens you will see they are 28 micron which is 2 micron FINER than the Kawasaki specificationj
When you are talking about filter media, the mesh size is an average , much like Hp on engines so the kawakasi 30 micron is +/- 10% so 27 to 33 micron.
I have made warranty claims against Kawasaki twice where the dealer saw the Stens oil filter and immediately rejected the claim.
I got this in writing & sent it to my Stens rep.
Two days latter a brand new engine turned up at the shop for one and a new head turned up at the dealers for the other.
Stens oil filters are made by Champion ( who make the filters for Kohler & Briggs ) and come with full warranty so don't get fearful about using them, Stens also stand behind them.

Yes, it was a smartphone misspelling. Stupid smart phones. lol

I'm glad to know that Stens is that reputable. Now a days, companies are more concerned about saving a few bucks, than keeping customers satisfied.

BTW, what was the reason for the engine failure? Did it have anything to do with the oil filter?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No.
The rockers were not done up tight so they spun in the engine, breaking off the little locating pip
One pushrod just jumped off the other fell into the engine got munched up in the cam gear .