No Idle Adjustment Screw On New Carburetor For KT735-3011

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / No Idle Adjustment Screw On New Carburetor For KT735-3011
Materials technology is not the only thing that has gone in leaps & bounds.
Computer modling & designs have also advanced astronomically so now days they can make products that will reliably expire the second warranty expires.
And the sick thing about this is even if people know the product is not likely to outlast the warranty period, they will still buy it if it is the cheapest just in case they get a "good" one that runs for twice as long.
People in market economies have been brainwashed for decades that we can have it all and we will get it for a price we can easily afford.
Governments are held ransom by big business so have been failing to properly regulate the market for just as long.
In Europe where it is not a national crime to question the demand economic system they get told what products are trash as most consumer durables now have a durability index so you know that mower is throw away junk.
While I would have liked to say this is because of an enlightened consumer protection policy, in reality is because they no longer have any more valleys to fill with trash and Asia won't accept any more trash from the West .

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Interesting how things have changed in 50 years. I have a snowblower frankensteined onto a 1975 sears ST12 made by Roper. By today's standards it is a tank. Frame sides are 1/4" thick plate. 6 speed Peerless transmission is used by mini tractor pullers. It still has the original Goodyear tires that are still in good shape. Steering is still tight. If this mower was sold today it would be considered commercial grade and in the '70s it was just an average lawnmower. Look at the Cub Cadet, Bolens, Wheel Horse, Simplicity and others from that era. There are still some folks who will pay for quality and you usually find them shopping at a John deere dealership. All the other manufacturers are trying to win the race to the cheapest "pretty" mower.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not really
All consumer durables follow the same basic path
When first invented the profits are high so they are made well .
As more manufacturers enter the market the market separates with a small number continuing to make high quality goods while the rest set up for high volume low profit margin which causes the price to plummet .
As the prices drop so the quality & in particular the durability drops and one by one factories close down .
Remember that the foundation assumptions of a consumer driven capitalist economy is there are multiple manufacturers of similar size and the market purchasing these goods are fully informed .
These conditions have not existed since the 60's for most goods.
When was the last time you saw a fridge with the size of the motor, type of refrigerant used , air flow required for the heat exchanger or even the pull down rate in degrees / min listed in the specifications ?
Who can understand their mobile phone contract or even their own bank account conditions ?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
So in the 12 yrs I have been working on mower I have only removed one head on SV series and one on a KT series. I have not gone any deeper in either engine series. Most carburetor repairs along with coil replacements.

I do suspect the plastics are nylon which is rather tough. I suspect that the governor and oil pump gears are this as they are low load items. Plus they are self healing to a point where metal is not. Briggs has used nylon governor for many years and I have seen one worn out. The rest were usually damaged by the ACR failure. That is why I stock a couple of them for the 31/33 series Briggs engine along with the camshafts.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Bert is right as the consumer is the one that drives the quality we all see. Most will just buy the cheapest thing they can. This has caused durable good to become non durable. I had old 50 year Frig that out last four newer ones. It finally failed after an lightning strike nearby.