No Idle Adjustment Screw On New Carburetor For KT735-3011

RLS0812

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / No Idle Adjustment Screw On New Carburetor For KT735-3011
The replacement carburetor I ordered for my KT735-3011 ( Husqvarna YT42XLS ) does not have an idle adjustment screw, nor does it seem to have a hole for one to go into.
Is this a manufacturing error, or just the way some carbs come now-a-days ?
Carburator For KT735-3011 Side 1 .JPG
Carburator For KT735-3011 Side 2 .JPG
Carburator For KT735-3011 Side 3 .JPG

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Idle mixture which be already set and broken off (Loctited in place) is behind a welch plug in the middle image. You shouldn't be trying to remove the welch either as are not available. EPA has mandated that these adjustment are no long to be made us mechanics. We are too stupid to fine tune an engine in the EPAs eyes.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I may be wrong, but that does not look like an OEM carb to me?? Kohler uses either Walbro or Keilin carbs and they normally have their names cast into the carb body. Did you purchase this carb off Evilbay or Amazon? If so, I’m guessing you have a Waldron knockoff.

Born2Mow

Threads
Idle mixture which be already set and broken off (Loctited in place) is behind a welch plug in the middle image. You shouldn't be trying to remove the welch either as are not available. EPA has mandated that these adjustment are no long to be made us mechanics. We are too stupid to fine tune an engine in the EPAs eyes.
Yes, everyone knows that mowers are the number 1 contributor to pollution.

The screw is there, but it's now hidden to protect YOU. Pop out the welch plug if you like. The adjustment screw is not LocTited in place, merely hidden.

RLS0812

Forum Newbie
Threads
I may be wrong, but that does not look like an OEM carb to me?? Kohler uses either Walbro or Keilin carbs and they normally have their names cast into the carb body. Did you purchase this carb off Evilbay or Amazon? If so, I’m guessing you have a Waldron knockoff.
no it's not ... I can not find any OEM that specifically states it fits a -3011, and it's a known problem that the kt735 do not all use the same parts.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Kohler part number is 1685319S for the Walbro carb for your engine.

RLS0812

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just an update: I put the after-market carburetor on the 'money pit', made what adjustments I could, and the YT42XLS runs butter smooth now. How long it will stay running before something else breaks, I have no clue.
Ordered an OEM rebuild kit for the old carb.

On a side note: there is a LOT of plastic parts ( fiber reinforced nylon ) on the inside of the KT735-3011 ... am I just 'old fashioned', or does it seem like Kohler is cheaping out on parts ?

Born2Mow

Threads
In some instances the fiber reinforced plastics are a better part. At least they don't rust !

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just an update: I put the after-market carburetor on the 'money pit', made what adjustments I could, and the YT42XLS runs butter smooth now. How long it will stay running before something else breaks, I have no clue.
Ordered an OEM rebuild kit for the old carb.

On a side note: there is a LOT of plastic parts ( fiber reinforced nylon ) on the inside of the KT735-3011 ... am I just 'old fashioned', or does it seem like Kohler is cheaping out on parts ?
Yes
But it is not their fault
Every year the factories demand lower prices or they will fit imported Chinese engines .
So every year every engine maker has to find a way to cut costs
OTOH every year engineering plastic technology advances by leaps & bounds .
Old machines had gears machined from solid
Then they went to powder pressings
Then to engineering plastics
A moulding machine can pump out those gears at 5 second intervals.

This is because the factories are following the market
If people would pay a fair & reasonable price for a quality mower then the factories could afford to fit high quality long life egines.
But the market demands cheap, cheaper & cheaper still.
Honda have the name for the best quality longest life walk behind mowers
Their top model mower down here is $ 2200
So if that is what it costs to make a 7 Hp self propelled mower .
Then what sort of quality would a $ 1555 ride one be ?
And there are a dozen I could buy for under $ 2000 and they are all what I call temporary diverted land fill cause that is where they end up in a couple of years.
How much do you want to pay for stuff to fill your trailer to take to the dump ?

RLS0812

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is because the factories are following the market
If people would pay a fair & reasonable price for a quality mower then the factories could afford to fit high quality long life egines.
But the market demands cheap, cheaper & cheaper still.
Honda have the name for the best quality longest life walk behind mowers
Their top model mower down here is $ 2200
So if that is what it costs to make a 7 Hp self propelled mower .
Then what sort of quality would a $ 1555 ride one be ?
And there are a dozen I could buy for under $ 2000 and they are all what I call temporary diverted land fill cause that is where they end up in a couple of years.
The Money Pit originally cost $2,600 in 2015 ... I ended up getting it for free.
The Craftsman LT4000 ( B&S 42a707-1251-01 ) I have sitting in the barn originally sold for $1,800 in 1994.
It is amazing the difference times makes. The Money Pit had mechanical issues just after the warranty expired, the Craftsman ran for over 20 years before the original owner parked it ( still ran at the time ).

One of these years I'm going to get tired of fixing the Money Pit and part both mowers out .