no fuel to plugs

gary sr

Threads
I have a grasshopper 725g2 with a gas 3 cyl kubota engine which has 135 psi compression on all 3 cylinders the carb has been cleaned and doesn't seem to be blocked anywhere. I can place my hand over the carb opening while cranking and still not get any fuel. thanks for reading and thanks to any and all that replies

Last edited:

JUST4FUN

Threads
.will it run off a carb cleaner? if so I would I would say to check the fuel pump,but before you condem the fuel pump I would check*pick up tube for blockage it might have grass in it

gary sr

Threads
well I tried carb cleaner and even put a little fuel in each cylinder and tried cranking it over but no luck. last night I went with fuel in cyl.s and full chock with hand over throat and it may have pulled some through to the plugs. going to try again tonight after i pull plugs and crank it over a couple of times to remove any residual gas that may still be hanging around in there. Thanks for the feed back JUST4FUN

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
well I tried carb cleaner and even put a little fuel in each cylinder and tried cranking it over but no luck. last night I went with fuel in cyl.s and full chock with hand over throat and it may have pulled some through to the plugs. going to try again tonight after i pull plugs and crank it over a couple of times to remove any residual gas that may still be hanging around in there. Thanks for the feed back JUST4FUN

Did you check and make sure you have spark on all 3?

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

gary sr

Threads
yes I checked the spark but soon as I seen spark I put gettin spark on the back burner. then when I checked later it wasnt doing so good, the fire was there but faint at times then bright at times. put on new cap and rotor but still is here and there on the spark. the kubota dealer says its more than likely the pick up coil inside the distributor. I sure hope he is wrong cause they want , ready? 400.00 for that part. I never spent that much on my late model module for racing. I'am going to take a good look inside it for rust or anything loose, and check the gap on the pickup. I may be looking for the wife a good push mower. lol, not realy

gary sr

Threads
finally fixed the mower. the module in the distributor was bad