No crank or spark

navydad2022

Threads
I have a 2017 Snapper SZ2246 zero turn that I refurbished. I had to replace the diodes that are inline on each wire that connects to the magneto for each cylinder. Engine is a Briggs & Stratton Intek V-Twin 22 HP, 44N677-G10. When I turned the key off spark was still getting to plug because diodes were bad and connector on one magneto was rusted off. I was able to temporarily connect the wire while i ordered a used magneto and 2 new diodes.

Another thing I've noticed is, on occasion engine wouldn't turn over with key was in start position. I wiggled the key some and engine started. Looks like I'll be replacing the start switch before long.

I did find owner's manual and parts manual, they are pdf files. I finally located the B & S engine and parts manual from the Briggs & Stratton web site. Both manual sets leave a lot to be desired as do both web sites (my opinion as a retired software engineer and technical writer). Most of my "how to" was found by carefully watching several YouTube videos with some cursory help from manuals, mostly exploded diagrams on mower and engine.
I can repair a lawnmower and 2 cycle, but the electrical part on riding mowers and safety switches are kinda mind blowing to me. I'm new to this,and your right with the YouTube videos.