New ZT 60 HD

wallychoppers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just purchased a new Gravely ZT 60 HD. Wish it would quit raining so i can try it out. Anybody out there have one of theese who would like to share their knowledge or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wallychoppers

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to LMF....
I have not actually seen one of these... so I'll be looking for what you have to say about it, after you get a chance to try it...
What engine is on it? :smile:KennyV

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
A friend of mine owns a mower shop, he has sold only Gravelys for years. For the money, they make a great home-owners mower. Not too many commercial guys run them around here. We run the Hustlers. If you ever have a question about your mower, let me know. I'll ask my buddy, he's a certified Gravely mech.

Enjoy your new Toy!

wallychoppers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to LMF....
I have not actually seen one of these... so I'll be looking for what you have to say about it, after you get a chance to try it...
What engine is on it? :smile:KennyV

Hey there KennyV the Gravely ZT 60 HD comes with a 26 hp kawasaki. If mother nature holds out i`ll be trying it out later today. Will let you know what i think.

wallychoppers

Forum Newbie
Threads
A friend of mine owns a mower shop, he has sold only Gravelys for years. For the money, they make a great home-owners mower. Not too many commercial guys run them around here. We run the Hustlers. If you ever have a question about your mower, let me know. I'll ask my buddy, he's a certified Gravely mech.

Enjoy your new Toy![/QUO

Thanks Sprinkler Buddy, this is my first zero turn i`ll let you know if i have any questions.

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
Here are some pics. I just took.

Attachments

• Grav. 1.jpg
    Grav. 1.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Grav.2.jpg
    Grav.2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 52
  • Grav.3.jpg
    Grav.3.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Grav.4.jpg
    Grav.4.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 84

wallychoppers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I finaly got to try out the new toy. Very satisfied so far. It used to take 4 -5 hours to mow 3 acres with a 42" troy bilt [trans went out on the second mow of the season, kinda glad it did now] the new toy took me 2.3 hours. The 26hp kawasaki has plenty of power. It cuts the grass nice and clean, good traction and easy to operate. It does ride a little ruff but they have a suspension seat uprade. So far so good.

Wallychoppers

Gil

Threads
Purchased ZT60HD in June 2010, thus had it almost a year. Used it today and thought to myself how easy it is getting to maneuver it. After years using a JD GX345 it took some getting use to. Not the make, the zero turn. Now I know where every bump is in my yard as mow so much faster and get a smoother cut. With the JD had to travel much slower for the same appearance. Be careful getting use to the zero turn. Will not go into details about almost putting it the creek less than an hour after it was delivered. Then a week later putting the front in my pond. But an old fart has to have some adventures in his life. :wink: A couple of tips on savings $$ if service it yourself. Believe it or not I can purchase the oil filters at my local JD dealer for about $4 less than the same filter as my Gravely dealer. It is a different part number but is the same filter. Let me know if want JD part number. Also just learned of where to save $$ on mower blade purchases regardless of mower brand or size blade. It is "The OEM Parts Store". Go to thier web site and search for your blade. They are in Chesapeake, VA. Fast delivery and blades are approx half of what my dealer wants. The blades were the same brand. But I digress... the ZT60HD is a good mower and very satisfied with it, but have my doubts about the operator.:wink:

wallychoppers

Forum Newbie
Threads
After 8 hr on the new mower the eyebolt that holds the deck tension spring in place fell off. Guess things are bound to happen tho I didn`t think it would be this soon. Anybody else have any problems with this.

The kawasaki engine manual says to change the oil after 8 hr. the gravely dealer said to change the oil after 25 hr and the hour counter on the mower says to change after 25 hr. Does any one know when I should change the oil? Thanks for the feedback.

Kraze2012

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought one I love it I've mowed my yard 4 times which is about 3 acres it only takes me 40 min and I still have a quarter tank of fuel well worth the money