new to forum and riding mower

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
. (bad gasket from carb to engine as it leaks a drip or so every 10 seconds- will change after getting it to run)
Check the float needle valve for proper fuel level function and change that leaking gasket or you'll never get it to run like it should. Nothing should be dripping there and when it isn't dripping it is sucking air.

This really seems impossible so possibly I'm not understanding what gasket you are speaking of.

goldacres

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks K-Pro and Rivets. I'll probably do both. The air filter is dirty by my "car" standards but I did pull it out and "clean it" but it's still looking pretty dirty; I'll snap a photo if I think of it.

goldacres

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the float needle valve for proper fuel level function and change that leaking gasket or you'll never get it to run like it should. Nothing should be dripping there and when it isn't dripping it is sucking air.

This really seems impossible so possibly I'm not understanding what gasket you are speaking of.

I'm probably not explaining it right... a picture is worth a thousands words right? I'll try and snap a pic, but will replace the gasket for sure as part of the overall troubleshooting.

Thank you!