New oil extractor woes

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you get some 1x2 sticks the length of the cylinder inside the end flanges and space about 8 of the around it and then wrap the thing top to bottom tightly with duck tape it won't collapse.

What's the duck tape for?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
looks like the same unit as I am using or a knock off of the same unit.
I asked about a replacement cylinder an they quoted a reasonable price + twice the reasonable price for freight
As it is only a cylinder with flanged at both ends I am looking at turning one up when the big lathe gets commissioned .
I was looking at a length of plastic pressure pipe & through bolting the top & bottom together

Some schedule 40 PVC might work too, as long as it wasn't too tall. Or for that matter, with the fitting on the top, It's should be pretty easy to make one.

But I ain't got no time for that, at the moment. Maybe a winter project. But I need to have this replaced within the week. Or so i'm thinking.
Before I started this cam job a little after lunch, I used the hand pump, and it worked as long as I didn't pump it more than twice.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
You need to make it so it can't deform. Think of it as making a ballon into a zeppelin. The tank just holds oil the sticks and tape make it rigid.

Is sucks inward. SO wrapping duct tape around the outside isn't going to strengthen it.
Now, if I cut some 1X1's or 2X2's and put then across the middle, at each ridge, that would keep it from sucking inward.

I've found that if I only pump it a couple of times, it don't collapse. But it does take longer to extract the oil. But, this will get me by until I can get steal one.

Born2Mow

Threads
I use an old fire extinguisher bottle. Looks to be 11ga steel.