New mower today

giturgun

Threads
Got a new yt 46 xls waiting on me today, I have had a 15-36 zero turn for several years. Wife came home Tuesday and whacked a rock , it broke the right spindle mount . I have been wanting a tractor style again for a while so now I am gona get 1

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look something like this? Nice mower, Congratulations.

2011_Husqvarna_YTH22V46XLS_Lawn_Tractor.png

Threads
Got a new yt 46 xls waiting on me today, I have had a 15-36 zero turn for several years. Wife came home Tuesday and whacked a rock , it broke the right spindle mount . I have been wanting a tractor style again for a while so now I am gona get 1

I have never heard of someone who WANTED to go back to a tractor-style mower, usually once you buy a zero-turn you're hooked. Just curious, why do you want to go back?

giturgun

Threads
The zero turn did not do well on our slight slope. Could have been because it was a smaller size mower. But I don,t want to spend 4000.00 to find out.
I had a 48 Murry before the zero and other than the slight spinning on the slope I just liked it better.
2 reasons for my Huskey choice is the fabricated heavy deck and the locking differential.

1 more reason is our lawn is right beside the creek and the zero turn seemed to be attracted to the 15 foot rocky drop in the creek. My wife does almost all the mowing and she leaves more trimming than I like. The ride to the creek would not be a good one.
But I have used both and really think the tractor style will work out better. Oh yeah 2 weeks ago I stuck the zero and had to get off and push it out 2 times , we have a wet weather spring that only erupts during rain and for a day or 2 after. The locking dif will keep ruts out of the yard around that area as it is also on the slope.:cool::newhere:

Threads
The zero turn did not do well on our slight slope. Could have been because it was a smaller size mower. But I don,t want to spend 4000.00 to find out.
I had a 48 Murry before the zero and other than the slight spinning on the slope I just liked it better.
2 reasons for my Huskey choice is the fabricated heavy deck and the locking differential.

1 more reason is our lawn is right beside the creek and the zero turn seemed to be attracted to the 15 foot rocky drop in the creek. My wife does almost all the mowing and she leaves more trimming than I like. The ride to the creek would not be a good one.
But I have used both and really think the tractor style will work out better. Oh yeah 2 weeks ago I stuck the zero and had to get off and push it out 2 times , we have a wet weather spring that only erupts during rain and for a day or 2 after. The locking dif will keep ruts out of the yard around that area as it is also on the slope.:cool::newhere:

OK I understand. :thumbsup: Good luck with your new mower and make sure you tell us how you like it! Maybe you can post a picture or two of it! :biggrin:

Last edited:

TnHusky

Threads
That sounds like a awesome mower Giturgun, what engine does it have, the Kaw ?

giturgun

Threads
Yes the Kaw. I did not get it Sat. Was pouring down rain so I could not use it. So I decided to hold off on the pick up. I went tosee the new StarTrek movie with some friends. Was gonna pick it up after that , but we decided to go to Jon's house and bust some caps. Wound up wastin a ton of ammo 9which I did not have to supply, it was Jons. We shot several rifles , pistols, and he drug out his Mac 11 auto with the .22 lr kit on it. At least that did not break him. 40 rounds of 22 is not to bad on the old billfold. Guess the pickuwell will have to wait till Thurs or Fri:cool: