bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you been able to pinpoint the differences in the microclimates that would cause his gas to go off so quick?
No as there is no need to if you are aware of it co you can work around it .

He is 50' higher than me , on the side of a hill that is heavily treed .
We both raise seedlings ans swap them between us.
His always fruit earlier than than mine but mine grow bigger fruit & fruit for longer.
Then there is the stoeage.
His is inside a large steel shed mine in on the dirt under an awning .
My roof will condense up to 100 gallons of water overnight, his is always bone dry unless it is raining .
The main point of mentioning this is to highlight every ones circumstances will be different so 500 people chiming in with estimonials about which "wonder product " saves their bacon is meaningless.

Last edited:

gotomow

Threads
Hello everyone,
Been gone a while, sorry. Lots of good feedback. Briantii, in 7 years I never drained anything and never had any problems with my last Honda. This one was a gift (Service Award selection.) I sold the old one. The new one has the auto-choke. Two seasons and the second carb is going down. Also, I'm in Houston Texas. Very humid year round, long mowing season. I often mow up to the third week of December. All that weather is probably is very tough on gas. I suspect it is a combination of weather shortened gas life and a sensitive carburetor. The manual says to use premium gas, avoid ethanol, and don't use fuel system cleaners. I wonder about internal part materials. I'm going to put it on a year 'round diet of "Stabil". Hope it works, Thanks for the help everyone. Rocco
Late into the season of either snow or mow I like to use ethanol free gas with stabilizer maybe that will work for you

RoccoS

Forum Newbie
Threads
Late into the season of either snow or mow I like to use ethanol free gas with stabilizer maybe that will work for you
Can't get ethanol-free here. I use premium because it has less. Starting it on stabilizer.

gotomow

Threads
Also try using one of those funnels with the filter built into it to make sure you are getting completely clean fuel. My neighbor swears by those filter funnels and won't put any gas into a small engine without running it through the filter.

RoccoS

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also try using one of those funnels with the filter built into it to make sure you are getting completely clean fuel. My neighbor swears by those filter funnels and won't put any gas into a small engine without running it through the filter.
Good idea, thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
While they keep the sticks & stones out , the vent in the cap will let dust in because it is not filtered.
Then there is the problem of making sure there is no debri near the filler cap when refuling or on yout hands or cloths

RoccoS

Forum Newbie
Threads
While they keep the sticks & stones out , the vent in the cap will let dust in because it is not filtered.
Then there is the problem of making sure there is no debri near the filler cap when refuling or on yout hands or cloths
True. I've just never seen a carb this sensitive. I'm headed out right now. Its a sunny 83 with 85% relative humidity in my yard this morning. Lucky me.