Giles

Threads
I am 65 years old and a retired Tool&Diemaker and Mechanic. I have a wife with 45 years of marriage:thumbsup:
I have worked on and loved small engines since I was 12 years old. I now have a small 2 acre home just on the outskirts of city limits.
I have Gravely G16 ---WheelHorse C175---Kubota B2320--and a Case 480D Backhoe. I don't need all this now but I have sure used all this equipment in the year I have lived here.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey! I'm a CNC machinist!

Need more of our kind 'round here........:smile:

Welcome to LMF!!!!!!:biggrin:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to LMF... great intro! Glad to have a person with your knowledge and experience on the site. :thumbsup:

Giles

Threads
Hey! I'm a CNC machinist!

Need more of our kind 'round here........:smile:

Welcome to LMF!!!!!!:biggrin:

If there is one thing I miss it's having a lathe and milling machine to make parts. Just last week, I needed a bushing with 3/4 ID and .950 OD for my WheelHorse Tractor. I know I could have bought one but thats a trip to town or a wait for it to arive. I made one from a 3/4 brass gas fitting, made a 3/4 arbor chucked it in my drill press and turned the OD with a 3/8 tool bit clamped in a compound vice.
Not the first time for this type job but I know It was not machined in CHINA:laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
If there is one thing I miss it's having a lathe and milling machine to make parts. Just last week, I needed a bushing with 3/4 ID and .950 OD for my WheelHorse Tractor. I know I could have bought one but thats a trip to town or a wait for it to arive. I made one from a 3/4 brass gas fitting, made a 3/4 arbor chucked it in my drill press and turned the OD with a 3/8 tool bit clamped in a compound vice.
Not the first time for this type job but I know It was not machined in CHINA:laughing:

AMEN!

I'm not too great with aluminum, but I'd rather have a pimply, dull piece I made, than one made in China.

Can machine the HECK out of aluminum on a vertical mill....that's my speciality in my shop - VMC's....

Although I'm getting good with the engine lathe and the surface grinder.....