New member, not a know it all!

Sassyspy

Forum Newbie
Threads
So far, I still don't know what mower you bought to mow your two acres.

A 52 to 54 inch mower should handle two acres with ease. What problems are you having with your mower preventing that from happening?
I'm sorry I thought I stated it's a 38in Ryobi electric rider, but I did post in 2 threads so I probably missed it.
52 to 54 sounds HUGE! Though I do think the 38 inch is a bit too puny for the job.
Apparently I am too puny for the mower please see my other post in 'other brands'

Sassyspy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to the forum! Hopefully, we can point you in the direction of the right mower for the job.
Thank you. I appreciate all the help I can get. So many times I find myself saying "oh why did I have to be a girl?" Seems guys are practically born knowing how to do mechanical stuff! But I'm learning, better late than never!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome aboard, Don't let the girl thing stop ya. Women are doing everything anymore.

My youngest sister teaches plumbing at their local trade school.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm sorry I thought I stated it's a 38in Ryobi electric rider, but I did post in 2 threads so I probably missed it.
52 to 54 sounds HUGE! Though I do think the 38 inch is a bit too puny for the job.
Apparently I am too puny for the mower please see my other post in 'other brands'
It is common for set switches to be too sensitive .
My usual trick is to drill a very small hole in the end of the plunger then fit a self tapping screw in the end to make the plunger longer
Some times it needs to be backed off 1 to 2 turns to get it right.
I mow several acres of very rough hilly road side with mowers that range from 24" to 38"
Smaller decks usually can mow at a faster speed just so long as you don't let the grass get too tall .
Most decks will struggle if you try to cut any more than 2" off the top of the grass .