New Member 2011 troy built hooked up battery charger backwards?

bigmiketx

Forum Newbie
After couple adult beverages I hooked up battery charger backwards trying to get general idea things that I may have to check in trouble shooting this screwup of mine,I thought battery would be smoked ,solenoid i was surprised to see that I\the fuse wasnt blown going to soleinoid any ideas?:ashamed:
 
Was the key on? Chances are higher than not that nothing is hurt if it wasn't hooked up long or the key was off. Newer battery charges have polarity protection in them.
 
After couple adult beverages I hooked up battery charger backwards trying to get general idea things that I may have to check in trouble shooting this screwup of mine,I thought battery would be smoked ,solenoid i was surprised to see that I\the fuse wasnt blown going to soleinoid any ideas?:ashamed:

Fuse actually comes from the solenoid not to the solenoid.
Most battery chargers are reverse polarity sensitive and trip out if hooked up backwards.
If the mower was turned off then the only thing that could be damaged is the battery.
Mower turned off + no power going anywhere so no fuse to blow.
 
I only use Battery MINDers* anymore. Hook it up & forget it. Can't overcharge & has an external temperature compensator to raise or lower floating voltage as air temps require.
 
Fuse actually comes from the solenoid not to the solenoid.
Most battery chargers are reverse polarity sensitive and trip out if hooked up backwards.
If the mower was turned off then the only thing that could be damaged is the battery.
Mower turned off + no power going anywhere so no fuse to blow.

That is good news.Thank you.
 
Back
Top