New-ish Simplicity Regent - No headlights

cpalma

Forum Newbie
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, and happy for any advice folks can provide. I bought my Simplicity lawn tractor about 10 months ago and it has been running like a dream until last week when the engine would not turn over. I put a battery charger on it and got it started (not yet sure if battery will hold the charge) but I noticed the head-lights don't work.

Could this be related to a weak battery? Do I have an alternator issue? All thoughts welcome.

Thanks!
 
Start your tractor and set at full throttle. Take a voltage reading across the battery terminals. If it is charging you should get between 13.4-14.2V DC. If below that we will have to check to see why. Please post back results and engine model numbers.
 
That's why I want the numbers to see what we have. What color and type of plug comes off the engine?
 
Back
Top