New Greenworks X-Range 60 volt Outdoor Power Equipment

MowerMike

Threads
  • / New Greenworks X-Range 60 volt Outdoor Power Equipment
Greenworks has introduced a new heavy duty lineup of 60 volt OPE that they have named X-Range. These tools have durable magnesium housings and other features to make them suitable for hard commercial use. They also have a new lineup of batteries that can connect to smartphones via Bluetooth to lock them, locate them and monitor them. According to Greenworks, these batteries are interchangeable with the previous series 60 volt batteries and will work in all 60 volt tools. Notably, there is a new 8 Ah battery that is one inch longer than the lower capacity versions, such that it will not fit in some tools which have battery compartment covers. The X-Range tools are all sold as Tool Only.

Another intriguing tease are some images that suggest that riding mowers are coming in the future, similar to the new EGO ZTR Z6.

1625515298783.png

x-range-batteries_1.jpg

x-range-batteries_3.jpg

Last edited:

MowerMike

Threads
Another link that suggests that 60 volt riding mowers are coming:

MowerMike

Threads
I just received the 8 Ah battery, which I bought for my 21" single battery port lawn mower that was unable to mow my entire lawn with the 6 Ah battery. This new battery is one inch longer than the lower capacity batteries, but fits easily in the battery compartment with an inch to spare for the door to close. However, I have read reviews that state that it will not fit with the battery doors closed in the 25" and 21" dual battery port mowers. It will also not fit properly in the hybrid pressure washer and wet/dry vacuum. It takes about 80 minutes to recharge from a full discharge in the 6A rapid charger. It has these nice rubber grips on the end to facilitate removal, which is nice considering that it weighs a hefty 6.4 lbs. In addition to the normal fuel gauge LEDs, it has an additional red LED that lights up if the battery is overheated. I have not tried using the Bluetooth features, which I personally consider to be superfluous. I'm due to mow my lawn again 10 days from today, and will report back with the results.

Last edited:

MowerMike

Threads
Update on the 8 Ah battery. I just finished mowing my entire lawn with my Greenworks 60 volt 21" push mower, and I used only about half of the battery's capacity. My lawn is about .15 acre, so I'd estimate that I could mow up to 1/4 acre on a single charge. I have equipped my mower with an optional heavy duty blade that forces the mower to run most of the time in turbo mode, which draws about twice as much current, such that the battery run time is halved. When I originally bought this mower with the standard blade, it came with a 4 Ah battery that was sufficient to complete mowing my lawn on a single charge. Another nice thing is that the battery was not hot and I was able to recharge it immediately.

Maryland USA

Forum Newbie
Threads
The tools aren't new; just their names. These 60V offerings were moved from the Greenworks Commercial brand to the Greenworks Pro brand and given a new name, X Range. Since Commercial and Pro batteries use different rails (for no reason but to lock you in), I'm guessing that the X Range tools have been physically modified to take Pro 60V batteries and NOT use Greenworks Commercial's vestige 60V batteries.

MowerMike

Threads
The tools aren't new; just their names. These 60V offerings were moved from the Greenworks Commercial brand to the Greenworks Pro brand and given a new name, X Range. Since Commercial and Pro batteries use different rails (for no reason but to lock you in), I'm guessing that the X Range tools have been physically modified to take Pro 60V batteries and NOT use Greenworks Commercial's vestige 60V batteries.

Greenworks Commercial has never had a 60 volt battery line. They use 82 volt batteries that are unique to their brand.

Also, there are significant differences between many of the tools. For example, the new X-Range 21" push mower has a dual battery compartment with auto switchover, whereas the Commercial has only a single battery compartment.

Last edited:

Maryland USA

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greenworks Commercial has never had a 60 volt battery line. They use 82 volt batteries that are unique to their brand.

Also, there are significant differences between many of the tools. For example, the new X-Range 21" push mower has a dual battery compartment with auto switchover, whereas the Commercial has only a single battery compartment.
My bad; I drew the wrong inference from similar (blacker) color scheme. Thanks for the correction.
Edit: Ah, I think I arrived at this conclusion after watching this video; the guy is using the X-Range fixed-length pole hedge trimmer, but he says it's Greenworks Commercial:

Last edited:

MowerMike

Threads
My bad; I drew the wrong inference from similar (blacker) color scheme. Thanks for the correction.
Edit: Ah, I think I arrived at this conclusion after watching this video; the guy is using the X-Range fixed-length pole hedge trimmer, but he says it's Greenworks Commercial:

The pole hedge trimmer shown in that video is the Greenworks Commercial version, NOT the X-Range, which is a completely different design. The X-Range has a top mount motor with a driveshaft, whereas the Commercial has the motor attached directly to the trimmer.

Last edited:

Charlie8d

Threads
I just made this review of this mower .