New Greenworks Pro 60 volt outdoor tools

MowerMike

Threads
Well, the CFM wars continue, as Greenworks introduces a new 60 volt handheld blower rated at 700 CFM and 170 MPH maximum output. This exceeds by 50 CFM the previous king of the hill blower from EGO. Like the EGO, the 700 CFM blower is kitted with a larger 5 Ah battery, and comes with two nozzle tips; a tapered "concentrator" nozzle to achieve maximum speed and a flat nozzle. Unlike the EGO, it is kitted with the rapid charger that recharges the 5 Ah battery in only 50 minutes, whereas the EGO standard charger requires 100 minutes. Also, it includes a shoulder strap, whereas it is an optional extra cost accessory with the EGO blower. All of this adds up to a $329.99 price, which is $30 more than the EGO. Weight is not stated, but I would estimate about 10 lbs with the 5 Ah battery installed.

MowerMike

Threads
I just picked up the 700 CFM handheld blower tool only, and am using it with an existing 4 Ah battery that I had been using in my lawn mower until I recently obtained a newly introduced 8 Ah X-range battery. The weight with the battery and shoulder strap is a hefty 10.3 lbs, so the shoulder strap comes in handy to avoid arm fatigue. The blower force feels the same over the normal throttle range as my 610 CFM unit, but the turbo button produces significantly more thrust. I'm using it with the flat nozzle, which seems to work better for normal cleanup after mowing.

Last edited: