New Greenworks Pro 60 volt outdoor tools

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Right now you can pick up a new Greenworks Gen II 60 volt 4 Ah battery for $143.99 with free shipping and no state sales tax >>> https://www.greenworkstools.com/shop-by-voltage/60v/60v-batteries-accessories

Also, Lowe's has a sale on the new Greenworks Gen II 60 volt 21" self-propel lawn mower for $324.35, which includes a 5 Ah battery >>> https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks...21-in-Cordless-Electric-Lawn-Mower/1001768422

yeah, a 60V 4 or 5Ah would be nice....maybe in the future.

The 2 40V mowers are still fine so far. Twinforce and MO40L01 .

MowerMike

Threads
A minor annoyance is that Greenworks did not supply the pressure hose with a velcro strap to keep it from unraveling when stored. I’m using a large plastic twist tie for now until I can source a velcro strap......or two.

So, today I looked at some images of this pressure washer, and it looks like the hose was actually supposed to include a velcro strap for storage. Just another example of crappy quality control.

Greenworks hybrid pressure washer.jpg

Last edited:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Greenworks lunchbox electric washer and it also had a velcro strap for the hose. Little thing that does come in handy.

MowerMike

Threads

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
wow, wonder if CPO or ebay will have some units

MowerMike

Threads
wow, wonder if CPO or ebay will have some units

I did a search on eBay, and the only thing I could find was the Greenworks 82 volt commercial bare tool for $259. CPO doesn't even carry Greenworks 60 volt tools.

MowerMike

Threads
Security Alert

Back in March I bought a 60 volt blower from the Greenworks Tools website using my credit card. Approximately two weeks later my card number was used fraudulently on another website, requiring me to cancel the card and go through the tedious process of assigning a new card to dozens of accounts. I was unable to determine where and how my card got stolen, until now. Today I received a letter from Greenworks informing me that there had been a data breach on their website, and that customer information including credit card number, expiration date, CVV (card verfication value), name and address had been stolen. I assume that my email address was stolen as well, since it was also used in the fraudulent transaction. According to Greenworks, this theft activity took place for nearly a year before they detected it. Although Greenworks claims that they have since addressed the problem, and that it is safe to do business with them online, I will no longer purchase anything from them unless they make other secure payment methods such as PayPal available.

MowerMike

Threads
Don’t bother answering a question on the GreenworksTools website that corrects an erroneous answer by the official Greenworks tech staff. They will refuse to post your answer, stating that it did not meet their website guidelines. No foul language, no insults, just a statement that they are incorrect and explaining exactly why. Apparently, they don’t understand that their hybrid pressure washer is actually a 120 volt system with direct AC/DC operation of the universal motor. They have variously stated that the pressure washer can be operated on a single 60 volt battery (it can’t) or that the run time is a function of the sum of the capacities of the two batteries (the smaller capacity battery determines the run time). This is because the two batteries are connected in SERIES, not PARALLEL. This is not the first time that Greenworks has shown a total lack of understanding of technical issues or the actual specifications of their products. (n)

Last edited:

gainestruk

Threads
This has become so common we have started using a card we load with enough money to buy what ever it is, I only have 2accounts that have my.bank info, one is car loan with Chase and other is credit card with Capitol One, since we started doing this we haven't had any problem. This works on services that require a credit card in.system to work, even no.money on.it till loaded, its a pain.to remember to load money to cover payments but it has lowered or risk on hacking.