Export thread

New Greenworks 80 volt Li-Ion battery garden tools

MowerMike

MowerMike

It appears that Greenworks may be targetting the pro lawn care market here. These tools are not yet available and the pricing will certainly be higher, but the tools and batteries are a cut above the currently available consumer products. The largest battery has a 460 Wh capacity, which is more than three times the capacity of the largest 40 volt G-MAX battery, but it recharges in less time.

80V 460Wh 6.4Ah Fuel Pack - Greenworks

They also offer power backpacks, similar to the Stihl packs, with a capacity up to 1152 Wh, which can be used to power the hand held tools, such as the blower and string trimmer.

80V 1152Wh Fuel Pack - Greenworks

The lawn mower promises a 21" deck with 7 height settings and the blower promises up to 500 cfm output.

80V 21" Cordless DigiPro Lawn Mower - Greenworks

80V Cordless DigPro Jet Blower - Greenworks

There is also a 20" snow thrower.

80V 20" DigiPro Snow Thrower - Greenworks

exotion

exotion

Well this got my attention, I meen I would never use them unless forced to. But now we know that they think they can provide to the pros

MowerMike

MowerMike

Well this got my attention, I meen I would never use them unless forced to. But now we know that they think they can provide to the pros

Well, sure, it's always going to much cheaper to run gas equipment. Also, all bets are off if Greenworks won't warrant them for commercial use, which has yet to be determined.

exotion

exotion

Well, sure, it's always going to much cheaper to run gas equipment. Also, all bets are off if Greenworks won't warrant them for commercial use, which has yet to be determined.

Ya I have a bud here in spokane uses battery operated equipment has a ranger with a solar panel on top of the cab and a second alternator and inverter to charge the batterys with a plethera of batteries. I am going to call him and point these out to him I think he will be excited

He uses them as a selling point he charges a fortune to mow lawns because of the green side of it. He says it works he can't go fast but the amount he charges makes up for it.

MowerMike

MowerMike

Oh, and they're also introducing the first ever 18" cordless electric chainsaw.

80V 18" Cordless DigiPro Chainsaw - Greenworks

MowerMike

MowerMike

Video of snow blower. Apparently, they will initially be sold through Lowe's stores, which is the same thing Greenworks did when they first introduced the 40 volt G-MAX Twin Force 20" lawn mower.

Greenworks Pro 80-Volt Max 20-in Cordless Electric Snow Blower

LazerZLandscaping

LazerZLandscaping

Interesting. I wouldn't use them but maybe the homeowner would. Not a big fan of electric equipment because of extension cords, but now it is starting to be extension free. Maybe I will get something electric sometime?

MowerMike

MowerMike

MowerMike

MowerMike

New Kobalt 80 volt Li-Ion battery garden tools

Looks like Lowe's is now selling basically the same 80 volt line of garden tools under their Kobalt house brand name.

Shop Kobalt 80-Volt Max Lithium Ion (Li-ion) 21-in Deck Width Cordless Electric Push Lawn Mower with Mulching Capability at Lowes.com

The lawn mower is already in stock at my local Lowe's store.

S

shiftsuper175607

[My joke has always been....

I am waiting for the 120V

MowerMike

MowerMike

Re: New Kobalt 80 volt Li-Ion battery garden tools

Looks like Lowe's is now selling basically the same 80 volt line of garden tools under their Kobalt house brand name.

Shop Kobalt 80-Volt Max Lithium Ion (Li-ion) 21-in Deck Width Cordless Electric Push Lawn Mower with Mulching Capability at Lowes.com

The lawn mower is already in stock at my local Lowe's store.

Here's a promo video.

B

bertsmobile1

Yes, it is all about capacity.
It is much easier to store "volts" than it is to store "amps"
Higher voltage means less current so it becomes more efficient.
Now the interesting thing is the resistance of dry human skin is about 14V .
This is why cars stopped at 12 V.
So 80V is well above the resistance of sskin so you would hope the insulation is working well and don't use them in the wet.

Hold still wasn't that one of the reasons why we started to use cordless in the first place.

1 Lucky Texan

anyone know if this or some other 'system' has or will add a shop vac and home vacuum cleaner to their tool range?

It would be cool to have a cordless home vacuum cleaner and even a shop vac should be doable. maybe they could team-up with Eureka or similar and offer those items. I think Hoover has a lithium cordless vacuum that is quite popular.

F

Filek

Yes, it is all about capacity.
It is much easier to store "volts" than it is to store "amps"
Higher voltage means less current so it becomes more efficient.
Now the interesting thing is the resistance of dry human skin is about 14V .
This is why cars stopped at 12 V.
So 80V is well above the resistance of sskin so you would hope the insulation is working well and don't use them in the wet.

Hold still wasn't that one of the reasons why we started to use cordless in the first place.

Yes, capacity is the key. According to the website, the battery is only 2Ah. So even at 80 volts, it's not going to last all that long.

They don't specify the number of cells, but it is probably 20 cells so fully charged it will be 84 volts (4.2 volts/cell). The nominal voltage will be 3.6 x 20 = 72 volts. Multiply by the 2.0Ah and it is only 144 watt-hours.

For comparison, the Black and Decker CMM1200 came with a 24 volt lead acid battery at 18Ah with 432 watt-hours. Of course with deep cycle lead acid you should only discharge to 80%, but that still leaves you with 346 watt-hours. That was probably 8-10 years ago!

If they supply you with 2 or more batteries then it starts to make more sense. The higher voltage will lead to efficiencies with lower currents, savings with higher gauge wire, and less line loss.