New Greenworks 80 volt Li-Ion battery garden tools

MowerMike

Threads
It appears that Greenworks may be targetting the pro lawn care market here. These tools are not yet available and the pricing will certainly be higher, but the tools and batteries are a cut above the currently available consumer products. The largest battery has a 460 Wh capacity, which is more than three times the capacity of the largest 40 volt G-MAX battery, but it recharges in less time.

80V 460Wh 6.4Ah Fuel Pack - Greenworks

They also offer power backpacks, similar to the Stihl packs, with a capacity up to 1152 Wh, which can be used to power the hand held tools, such as the blower and string trimmer.

80V 1152Wh Fuel Pack - Greenworks

The lawn mower promises a 21" deck with 7 height settings and the blower promises up to 500 cfm output.

80V 21" Cordless DigiPro Lawn Mower - Greenworks

80V Cordless DigPro Jet Blower - Greenworks

There is also a 20" snow thrower.

80V 20" DigiPro Snow Thrower - Greenworks

Last edited:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well this got my attention, I meen I would never use them unless forced to. But now we know that they think they can provide to the pros

MowerMike

Threads
Well this got my attention, I meen I would never use them unless forced to. But now we know that they think they can provide to the pros

Well, sure, it's always going to much cheaper to run gas equipment. Also, all bets are off if Greenworks won't warrant them for commercial use, which has yet to be determined.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, sure, it's always going to much cheaper to run gas equipment. Also, all bets are off if Greenworks won't warrant them for commercial use, which has yet to be determined.

Ya I have a bud here in spokane uses battery operated equipment has a ranger with a solar panel on top of the cab and a second alternator and inverter to charge the batterys with a plethera of batteries. I am going to call him and point these out to him I think he will be excited

He uses them as a selling point he charges a fortune to mow lawns because of the green side of it. He says it works he can't go fast but the amount he charges makes up for it.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Interesting. I wouldn't use them but maybe the homeowner would. Not a big fan of electric equipment because of extension cords, but now it is starting to be extension free. Maybe I will get something electric sometime?

MowerMike

Threads
  • / New Greenworks 80 volt Li-Ion battery garden tools

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / New Greenworks 80 volt Li-Ion battery garden tools
[My joke has always been....

I am waiting for the 120V