New Greenworks 16" Li-Ion battery powered chainsaw

MowerMike

Threads
Another video of the chainsaw in action.

MowerMike

Threads
  • / New Greenworks 16" Li-Ion battery powered chainsaw
Greenworks DigiPro Blower / Vac

Here's a promo video of the blower / vac / mulcher now on the Greenworks website. I've had mine for two weeks now, and have only used the blower function so far. It's definitely much more powerful than previous cordless blowers I've owned. I has two power settings to extend battery run time when maximum power is not needed, which is 90% of the time. I'd estimate 30 minutes run time at setting 4 (80%) in low power mode with the 4 Ah G-MAX battery. It weighs 8.7 lbs in blower mode with the 4 Ah battery, which is about 1.3 lbs less than my Echo PB-250LN handheld gas blower with a half-full tank.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Re: Greenworks DigiPro Blower / Vac

Here's a promo video of the blower / vac / mulcher now on the Greenworks website. I've had mine for two weeks now, and have only used the blower function so far. It's definitely much more powerful than previous cordless blowers I've owned. I has two power settings to extend battery run time when maximum power is not needed, which is 90% of the time. I'd estimate 30 minutes run time at setting 4 (80%) in low power mode with the 4 Ah G-MAX battery. It weighs 8.7 lbs in blower mode with the 4 Ah battery, which is about 1.3 lbs less than my Echo PB-250LN handheld gas blower with a half-full tank.

looks like it may go on sale saturday?

This Saturday, October 5, keep your eyes peeled on Amazon's Today's Deals Page for the GreenWorks Lightning Deal!

$100.00 OFF GreenWorks DigiPro Brushless G-MAX 185 MPH Blower/Vac.
Amazon Today's Deals ******

MowerMike

Threads

looks like it may go on sale saturday?

This Saturday, October 5, keep your eyes peeled on Amazon's Today's Deals Page for the GreenWorks Lightning Deal!

$100.00 OFF GreenWorks DigiPro Brushless G-MAX 185 MPH Blower/Vac.
Amazon Today's Deals ******

I just checked and the deal is effective now, but only on the complete unit, which includes the battery and charger. The list price is $349 and the lightning deal price is $245, which is 30% and $104 off list price. However, they have been selling it for quite some time for only $289, so the real savings is only $44. The tool only option remains at full list price of $199. It will be interesting to see how many people bite on this. As of the time that I am posting this, there is less than 3 hours left on the lightning deal and 3% of the available stock has been claimed.

Update at 11:30am cst - 15% of the stock has been claimed with 30 minutes remaining in the lightning deal.

Update at 12.00pm cst - The lightning deal has expired and 16% of the stock was claimed.

Meanwhile, the price has been increased to $326.48 or about 6% off list price and $37.48 more than the previous discounted price of $289. The tool only price remains unchanged at $199. Since Amazon usually posts an alert when stock level drops to 20 or less and no such alert has been posted, it's a good bet there are still a lot more than 20 of these units in stock.

Update at 10:30pm cst - The price has been further increased to $344.03 or just 1% off list price.

Last edited:

MowerMike

Threads
Greenworks DigiPro Blower / Vac

Well, the Amazon price has reverted to $289 (17% off list price), where they were originally. So, I guess this product isn't selling very well. There are only six reviews so far, and only one from an "Amazon verified purchase," which means that only one of those reviews are for an item that actually sold.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads

Well, the Amazon price has reverted to $289 (17% off list price), where they were originally. So, I guess this product isn't selling very well. There are only six reviews so far, and only one from an "Amazon verified purchase," which means that only one of those reviews are for an item that actually sold.

I wish I didn't already have the small one, it is adequate for most of what I do, but much less powerful than the corded blower I passed along to my SIL.

MowerMike

Threads

I wish I didn't already have the small one, it is adequate for most of what I do, but much less powerful than the corded blower I passed along to my SIL.

One thing I discovered with the small 40V blower is that it works a lot better with the adjustable nozzle tip piece removed. The nozzle tip constricts and disrupts the airflow badly, and is a very poor design. Although it still lacks the blowing power of the large DigiPro unit, it works well enough now to be useful for simple cleanup tasks.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads

One thing I discovered with the small 40V blower is that it works a lot better with the adjustable nozzle tip piece removed. The nozzle tip constricts and disrupts the airflow badly, and is a very poor design. Although it still lacks the blowing power of the large DigiPro unit, it works well enough now to be useful for simple cleanup tasks.

good suggestion, I have that tip fully 'open' but hadn't considered removing it.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
special pricing at Amazon.

Dunno how long it lasts but I saw $199 for the saw/no batt or charger

I think the digipro blower is on sale too

fyi

Mark Widmer

Threads
Back to the chainsaw discussion:

Thanks for letting us know! I notice it's now $400, but could have sworn it was listed at $370 earlier this week when it was not yet in stock. Guess it pays to pre-order.

It was only $340 two months ago when I pre-ordered it. :biggrin:

special pricing at Amazon.

Dunno how long it lasts but I saw $199 for the saw/no batt or charger

I think the digipro blower is on sale too

fyi
With the battery & charger it's $300 now. Still lower than last summer, even the pre-order prices. Wonder if that's because we're out of season, or if the price will stay this low or drop even more.

The reviews at amazon look really good. 25 of 32 gave it 5 stars, and only 1/32 gave below 3 stars.