Comparison New Exmark Quest identical for the Toro 5060?

ndutton

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for a new mower and liked the Exmark Quest 50", in checking into competing models I looked at the Toro 5060 and it appears to be and identical machine. Since Toro bought Exmark it does not suprise me that they have put this in at the lower end, but does anyone know about the performance of this mower. I will be using it to mow about 5 ac and am worried it is not "commercial enough" to stand up.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello and WELCOME to LMF...

I myself would want more deck size for mowing 5 acres... 6 foot or more...

The Quest as a few positive reviews om TBN (tractorbynet.com) **EXMARK QUEST ZTR: 1 Year Owner Update - TractorByNet.com

They seem happy with theirs.
50 inch just seems small to me, for your mowing it will take a while.... :smile:KennyV

eno55

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow, It sure looks the same and a thousand bucks cheaper than the xmark,I should have shopped a little longer before I bought my xmark ,oh also Toro has a three year warntee vers the xmarks two year
Woo.....

SouthernYankee

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just came from my local Exmark dealer and the 50" Quest with 26HP Kawasaki had a 3 year warranty. In addition, I asked about Toro and was told that Exmark builds the frames and Toro just uses their own decks. So don't think the Toro quality is going to be the same as the Exmark.

Exmark fan

Threads
I'm thinking its a 24hp not a 26.

SouthernYankee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nope. Looking at it right now. It says 26HP HP.right under the Kawasaki name. The new 2013 42" they have sitting her has a 24 HP KW engine. Maybe that's the one you were thinking of. But the 50" definitely has the 26 HP.

Exmark fan

Threads
Quest 42" E series has a FR651v also known as a 22hp. Quest 50" E series and quest S series 42 and 50 have a FR691v also known as a 24hp. That's a fact. I sale them for a living.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Went to lake carrol lawn equipment today and looked at the 50 inch with a 24hp and a 60 with the 26hp.
Has to laugh that had a used featherlight weed eater for $75 you can get it new in the box at walmart for $69.95. That was the end of my looking around

Sent from my iPhone using LMF