Export thread

New Equipment

B

bjc

What do pros lug around in their trailers? Make, equipment:biggrin:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

A few weedwackers (Echo, Stihl), backpack blowers (Echo, Stihl), gas, different size mowers (push mowers=any brand, ZTR mowers=Exmark, Scag, Ferris, Gravely, Cub Cadet).

B

bjc

What kind of equipment do you reccommend?:cool:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I like Echo handheld equipment and Exmark ZTR mowers.

B

bjc

I will look those up, but isn't echo for pro-h:frown::frown:eek:meowner?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I don't know....but if you like Stihl or Redmax, get one of those brands because they are both good also.

B

bjc

Husqvaurna???:rolleyes:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I heard that's good also.....I never used one.

Ric

Ric

What do pros lug around in their trailers? Make, equipment:biggrin:

I don't know if I'm classified as a pro or not but do have and own my own business. Blowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers, saws, edgers all Stihl. Also carry a Echo BRD 280. Mowers three ztr, Cub Cadet and Toro and a wide area walk-behind and one 21" self propelled.

B

bjc

Man, that is a lot of stuff:laughing:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I know! I wish I had that much stuff!:laughing:

Ric

Ric

Man, that is a lot of stuff:laughing:

Is it a lot of stuff? not really. I've always been prepared for most everything that could come up, I believe in back up equipment not down time because down time can cause loss of money and clients so having two of everything on your trailer can keep you and your clients in business.

B

bjc

That is smart, how many crew members and do you have multiple teams??:smile:

Ric

Ric

That is smart, how many crew members and do you have multiple teams??:smile:

No Crew members. No Multiple Teams. I guess I'm what you call a family Business, it's just the wife, son and me. I have 70 clients that we do weekly and do not want anymore right now although I don't turn anyone down if there on the route I'm running at the time I'll just work them in.
Remember When you start talking Crews you're talking additional equipment cost, additional Insurance and workman's compensation cost then payroll. It's all called overhead and it's something you want to stay away from if at all possible. I've seen overhead kill more than one business.

B

bjc

That is also smart, your wife helps too?

Carscw

Carscw

I work my wife my son and my brother inlaw that way I don't need workers comp.
Any one else that does any work for me is paid as a sub contractor.
This week I carry a snapper might change next week as I don't like it.
All my trimmers and blowers are echo all but the one green weedeater from Walmart that my wife loves

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

B

bjc

Cool, I like the aspect of your business

exotion

exotion

The company i work for which i am crew leader/foreman uses echo for all small equipment my trailer has one handheld one backpack blower one weedeater and one stick edger. Our mowers are 2 21'' toro prolines and one scag 36 advantage with one wheel sulky wheel

Personally i dont really like using bigger mowers so i havent bought one i just have a murray lawn tractor non Zturn with bagger that i use on one lawn per week i have a proline my self and love it i would prefer how the lines look with the proline especially on really big lawns cut it low and straight beautiful, Thats my personal business

B

bjc

What kind of equipment on the blowers and weedeaters:cool:

exotion

exotion

all echo as was stated

B

bjc

I thought that stuff wasn't that great

exotion

exotion

I thought that stuff wasn't that great

Echo in my opinion is the best parts are easy to replace and come by and the abuse i have given the echo equipment over the years is outstanding. Only problem i have ever had is when it get about 95+ degrees out the equipment does not always want to run

B

bjc

That happens with me too