New craftsman zero turn mower question about reverse mowing

peterc

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New craftsman zero turn mower question about reverse mowing
Well basically you have to disassemble the top half of mower. The switches are under the seat up towards the front it front of the control levers. They are actually tagged reverse switch. Its a pain in the butt to get to. If you need more information let me know

HI, I have the same issue. 30 minutes mowing take 30 times manually re-engage PTO. It drive me super crazy!!! So it should be 2 individual tagged switch in fornt of 2 lapbars? Is that right? Do I need to disassemble both side plastic cover, battery and the top metal cover above lapbars?

bjarman825

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI, I have the same issue. 30 minutes mowing take 30 times manually re-engage PTO. It drive me super crazy!!! So it should be 2 individual tagged switch in fornt of 2 lapbars? Is that right? Do I need to disassemble both side plastic cover, battery and the top metal cover above lapbars?

Yes all of that has to come off. I just took the bolts out of black covers and pulled them up and out of the way without disconnecting anything except I pulled the black handle off deck height adjustment. Then took seat off and pulled the battery out. You could take control levers off for some more room to work but when I pulled up the cover I pulled the levers in and rested cover on levers. Then you can see the two relays up front by levers one on each side. Hopefully I helped some let me know if you need anymore information.

SkipD

Threads
So, how do you bypass? Do you simply unplug?

thanks in advance.

SkipD

Threads
THANKS bjarman!!!!!!

SkipD

Threads
I just completed disconnecting the connectors. I bagged them, tied em shut and tied them out of the way. Prior to disassembly, I stabbed the wires coming off left side, read open with multimeter. When I pulled back with either bar I observed a short. Looks like the switch applies a ground to the clutch circuit,,, the clutch drops off. Put it back together,,, WORKED GREAT!!

bjarman825

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just completed disconnecting the connectors. I bagged them, tied em shut and tied them out of the way. Prior to disassembly, I stabbed the wires coming off left side, read open with multimeter. When I pulled back with either bar I observed a short. Looks like the switch applies a ground to the clutch circuit,,, the clutch drops off. Put it back together,,, WORKED GREAT!!

Yeah I've been mowing in reverse for over a year now. Not a single problem. Just remember if you have any warranty word done reconnect them otherwise warranty is void

SkipD

Threads
I have actually got to mow the lawn after disconnecting my reverse cutout safety leads. It is SO MUCH BETTER to have the option of reversing...:thumbsup:

fireboat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for posting the information. I ordered the same ZTR and it will be delivered in several weeks (it is taking a month for delivery). That will be one of the first things I will do. My kids are grown and my dogs stay inside when I mow, plus I am used to mowing in reverse with my present tractor so I am very comfortable with disconnecting the switches.