New craftsman zero turn mower question about reverse mowing

zerocooljedi

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New craftsman zero turn mower question about reverse mowing
I know it is a safety feature but I just came off another mower that had no such feature ,is there a bypass for the reverse shut off while mowing on my 42 inch craftsman zero turn mower ?its a 2013 model I love it but when I put it in reverse the blades disengage and have to be manually turned back on its a little bit of a pain and I imagine puts unneeded wear on the belts . I researched this but none of the tips I have gotten have paned out so if you have a fix please be specific .thanks for any help
I see by other posts this is a controversial issue ,I see many answers for regular mowers but no zero turn I have inspected the underneath of both side consoles but don't see any obvious switch to disengage the blade ,I have no wires that go to the blade area .

Threads
I know it is a safety feature but I just came off another mower that had no such feature ,is there a bypass for the reverse shut off while mowing on my 42 inch craftsman zero turn mower ?its a 2013 model I love it but when I put it in reverse the blades disengage and have to be manually turned back on its a little bit of a pain and I imagine puts unneeded wear on the belts . I researched this but none of the tips I have gotten have paned out so if you have a fix please be specific .thanks for any help
I see by other posts this is a controversial issue ,I see many answers for regular mowers but no zero turn I have inspected the underneath of both side consoles but don't see any obvious switch to disengage the blade ,I have no wires that go to the blade area .

Does yours not have the mow in reverse option on the ignition switch?

zerocooljedi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nope they stopped that option , I just bought this mower this week so its got all the newest (worst) saftey features

bjarman825

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you get it figured out yet

zerocooljedi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nope not yet just dealing with it its not so bad just have to get used to no hard switch to reverse

bjarman825

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nope not yet just dealing with it its not so bad just have to get used to no hard switch to reverse

Ok I got the same mower last weekend and I didn't like not being able cut in reverse. That's how I came across this forum and the other 5 forum you posted on. I figured it out this afternoon. Do you still want information on how to do it

zerocooljedi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sure that'd be great

bjarman825

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sure that'd be great

Well basically you have to disassemble the top half of mower. The switches are under the seat up towards the front it front of the control levers. They are actually tagged reverse switch. Its a pain in the butt to get to. If you need more information let me know

bjarman825

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well basically you have to disassemble the top half of mower. The switches are under the seat up towards the front it front of the control levers. They are actually tagged reverse switch. Its a pain in the butt to get to. If you need more information let me know

If you don't care about warranty you can cut the wires instead of un clipping them cause I sure debated it

zerocooljedi

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have to un clip I bought the extended warranty for 3 years so I cant cut on it in case I run into a serviceable issue .but thanks for the info ..thanks ill give it a go