New Carb Surges

kbowley

Threads
Amazon Can not re-sell an item that has been returned as a new product as it is illegal. They may resell them as an "open box" item which you can find in the Amazon "Warehouse" deals if the customer returned it because they ordered the incorrect item but did not report it as defective. They are also required to inspect the item for damage and function to ensure it is not defective or damaged. If the item is returned as defective, it is sent back to the manufacturer and not re-sold.
Regarding the carburetor, those cheap Chinese knockoff carbs are garbage, they never run correctly. Always buy OEM to avoid headaches. I don't know why they even sell them. They do the same things with cheap, knockoff cell phones that look like, say, a Samsung Galaxy S24 for $100 dollars. They are total junk, and they should not carry them. Shopping at Amazon one must look hard sometimes to find an OEM product. They sell massive amounts of cheap Chinese garbage and I have no idea why. Sometimes I believe they do it so that the OEM manufacturer will lower their price to compete with the knockoffs.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Amazon Can not re-sell an item that has been returned as a new product as it is illegal. They may resell them as an "open box" item which you can find in the Amazon "Warehouse" deals if the customer returned it because they ordered the incorrect item but did not report it as defective. They are also required to inspect the item for damage and function to ensure it is not defective or damaged. If the item is returned as defective, it is sent back to the manufacturer and not re-sold.
Regarding the carburetor, those cheap Chinese knockoff carbs are garbage, they never run correctly. Always buy OEM to avoid headaches. I don't know why they even sell them. They do the same things with cheap, knockoff cell phones that look like, say, a Samsung Galaxy S24 for $100 dollars. They are total junk, and they should not carry them. Shopping at Amazon one must look hard sometimes to find an OEM product. They sell massive amounts of cheap Chinese garbage and I have no idea why. Sometimes I believe they do it so that the OEM manufacturer will lower their price to compete with the knockoffs.
I have had good results with cheap Chinese carburetors, over and over again. When the cost is up to 5 times more (OEM versus aftermarket), and the availability is limited, aftermarket is often the way to go if the results are positive and the comebacks are negligible.

Forest#2

Threads
I have had good results with cheap Chinese carburetors, over and over again. When the cost is up to 5 times more (OEM versus aftermarket), and the availability is limited, aftermarket is often the way to go if the results are positive and the comebacks are negligible.
I've had fair luck with the 2 cycle weed eater, leaf blower carbs and one barrel Nikki carbs.
I have not had any good luck with the 2 barrel Nikki's
Usually have the option of free returns if they do not work correctly.

Dwayne Oxford

Threads
I've got numbered drill indexes. Find the one that fits the jet, drill with next larger until it's properly fed.

Forest#2

Threads
Yes sometimes this is required for the Al Gore carbs.
The tiny micro bits #61-80 is what you need with the chuck. turn them slow by hand.

If you mess up the jet you can sometimes find them here

davis2

Threads
Yes sometimes this is required for the Al Gore carbs.
The tiny micro bits #61-80 is what you need with the chuck. turn them slow by hand.

If you mess up the jet you can sometimes find them here
What's an Al Gore carb?

ruperthebare

Threads
I just bought a new carb for my YardMachine (linked below). The thing hunts and surges and won't run with the choke off. Well, it runs even worse with the choke off and wants to die. There's no adjustment other than the idle mixture. I've tried adjusting it every which way. I replace the carb in 2017 and recall the other one doing that too for at least a few months before leveling out. Any suggestions on this? Reason I replace was because the fuel shutoff solenoid started leaking. I've got half a mind to just replace that with the new one off the new carb and put the old carb back on.

ruperthebare

Threads
Almost exactly what happened with my new Kohler carb. Ended up using old carb with new needle/jet ans solenoid

awkerper

Threads
Maybe starving of fuel. First thoughts: You might have an air leak going on somewhere, or an obstruction in the governor linkage. Fuel filter clogged? Do share the make and model# of your engine when able
I was also going to suggest that extra air is getting sucked in somewhere. When you turn the choke off, it makes the mixture leaner by letting more air in and vice-versa. If turning the choke on is just enough to keep the engine running, then it might be coincidentally compensating for the extra air coming in through the leak.