New Carb Surges

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What's an Al Gore carb?
A carb that has been jetted way too lean in order to save the planet from environmental destruction
Of course it has to be removed a dozen times and each time a full float bowl or more of fuel is tipped out & evaporates contaminating the atmosphere but at least the air coming out the exhaust has no unburned hydrocarbons in it .
OR to put it another way
Making things 200% worse by trying to make them better

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have one these single Nikki clones that was surging which turned out the manufacture had installed an idle mixture jet on a carburetor with idle mixture adjustment screw making the adjustment useless. Once the jet was resized then the adjustment was again functional and I was able tune out the burn surging.

BTW I think the lean burn is actually more polluting as carburetor has to cycle rich to lean constantly. But we all know the government politicians are all knowing.(Not).

And I hate those electric fuel enrichment valves. They never seem to start correctly once the equipment sit for a while not running. They just put on a regular choke would help a lot instead of us having to undo the intake to hand choke them.

davis2

Threads
A carb that has been jetted way too lean in order to save the planet from environmental destruction
Of course it has to be removed a dozen times and each time a full float bowl or more of fuel is tipped out & evaporates contaminating the atmosphere but at least the air coming out the exhaust has no unburned hydrocarbons in it .
OR to put it another way
Making things 200% worse by trying to make them better
Oh, now I see... Thanks