New 42" Cut Husqvarna with a lot of Deck Vibration

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / New 42" Cut Husqvarna with a lot of Deck Vibration
If you use the wash out port it is very very important the drive over something sealed and let it dry in the sun when finished.
Wash out ports are there to promote deck rusting on the mowers of lazy owners.

platefire

Threads
I try to avoid mowing when the grass is still wet. Not to much problem of grass sticking the bottom of deck when the grass is dry. Of course it's not always
possible to mow when it's dry. Here is North West Louisiana we been getting showers almost every day so then you have to work a cutting in when you can, wet or not! In the past when I had to mow when wet, I would just hit the underneath with a good hard squirting nozzle on a water hose. Guess the worst thing about using a deck port is taking the time to hook it all up and disconnect. Well give it a shot:>) Platefire

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hat happens is you get water on top of the hot spindle bearings which gets sucked in as they cool down
On mowers where the spindle is packed with grease it is not too bad but with all the new decks that use sealed bearings it leads to premature bearing failure.

platefire

Threads
When you say spindle bearing are you meaning the Mandrel Assembly? All the original Mandrel Assy on my mowers are sealed because I guess they don't want you to grease them so they will wear out sooner??? The replacement Mandrel Assembles I got have alemites where you can at least grease them. I like those a whole better! I agree the let water you put on it the better off they are. Platefire

Schokel

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you ever get the deck vibration figured out / solved? The reason I asked is because I am experiencing the same thing. Not terrible, but enough to say .. hmmm that's a fair amount of vibration, (new 18542) My guess based on the way the mower deck hangs, is that blades needs to be balanced, with helicopter blade precision. but I wasn't sure if you found the magic solution or not?

osage

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the spark plug connections.