Never take their word

SamB

Threads
I really pissed off a local station several years ago when I tested the fuel at the pump. Tried to explain that it was a customer requirement of mine and I needed to just verify the fuel before putting it in the customer's equipment as I had gotten E10 fuel that was mistaken pump into the fuel tanks before. He was smoking hot.

A week later he personally came to my shop and apologized as he had contact his distributor and they said it is possible for the delivery driver to make a mistake as they carry both fuel types on the same tanker.
That was big of him and I'd bet, unexpected. In reality, he shouldn't mind, being that you're doing some testing FOR him.
He most likely has no idea what is being put in his tanks. It's ,as was said, the delivery driver that does the delivery, and even he may not be sure what he's hauling. Only real way to tell is to test the fuel!

Hal12

Threads
Had the dixon in at the shop for almost a month. I told the owner that it would run for awhile and then start missing.
Had put a new carb on. New spark plug and fuel filter...He said I might have water in the gas. Only thing I didn't
address trying to fix the problem. Called a few days ago to see what the holdup was. Was told there was 1 other
repair job in front of me. Wondering now if it isn't bad gas..though the snapper runs just fine. Hopefully I will know
at the end of the week.