Need LA110 wiring diagram for engine swap

derost

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes yes, of course, my bad... my intention certainly was not to offend, and I am sincerely grateful for your help so there will not be a stuff it from this end I assure you!

All is hooked up as diagramed, and with the turn of the key all I am getting is a click at the starter... the solenoid is reacting but the starter is not.
I verified I am getting 12V on the red at the starter solenoid, and 12v on the purple when the key is in start position. Thoughts?

wiring-JD160-into-LA110.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No way in the wild world could you offend me.
I learned a long time ago taking offence was a zero sum game.
The solenoid should have a bridge wire to the starter
check it is getting power when the solenoid is energised.
Might be worthwhile to pull the starter off to check it.
I have seen people modify a throw out solenoid to work with a remote solenoid because the contacts were burned out
SO they kept the throw out to engage the starter gear and remotely energised the starter motor .

derost

Forum Newbie
Threads
The starter is new, and only used a dozen times before switching tractors... attached is a picture of the connection. I know it looks like the white wire is connected, it's not, just in the background at the perfect angle. The only wires hooked up to it are the direct power from the battery, the red from the regulator, and the purple.
I am getting constant 12V coming in from the battery; the purple wire is also getting 12v when keyed to start.
I am still questioning the black wires (pictured) that run with the purple if these are grounds? One of them runs back and splits to become 3 black wires if that helps identifying....
I assume that when energized, the solenoid essentially sends power from one post to the other. The "other" is not getting power when the solenoid is activated, so the starter is not getting its power. Aside from checking for flaws on the exterior, is there anything on the inside of the solenoid that's accessible?

starter bottom.jpg
starter front 1.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK, things are starting to make sense
If the trigger wire is not causing the heavy battery cable to energise the starter, try jumping to the "other" battery cable
If the starter spins then the solenoid must just be a throw out for the starter pinion or it has an internal contact problem
You say it was working before
How was it wired ?
Through the external solenoid ?